tuttle tube - Fishing for channel catfish :)

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by flatheadcat4u, Apr 3, 2009.

1. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    :smile2:had a great time this week caught some fish

Attached Files:

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Way to go Nate...you catch them at the tube's..how much water are they letting out.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Nate, those ole river Cats are so recognizable, they're loooong and slim:smile2:. When I fished the Republican, and could compare river and lake Catfish, those of the same weight, there river Cats would be long and slim, where as the lake Cats would be shorter and thicker, but still the same weight.:smile2:

4. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    thanks guys tuttles letting out 1000cfm right now tom yeah jim ive caught some nice long cats ive got some more pics and some video i need help getting up:roll_eyes:

5. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    thanks guys tuttles letting out 1000cfm right now tom yeah jim ive caught some nice long cats ive got some more pics and some video i need help getting up:roll_eyes:

6. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    I hope you all had a good Easter I sure did ate way to much and had fun with the kids its now monday mourning and im thanking about fishing uncle Daryl and I are suppose to fish this whole week together we will see i know ill fish :tounge_out:

Attached Files:

7. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    hello all Mr Cat here that bite was way off today three bites in 45 min that's slow i still walked with one eater so not all was lost. Its so weird how thoses off day just pop up :roll_eyes:

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Do they bite good on the thermos? Never tried using coffee for bait. :smile2: Good to see ya catching fish. I think this is going to be a good year for fishing.

9. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Maybe the thermos works on nervous catfish, Jay.

10. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Here you go Jay, A thread about using coffee as bait:roll_eyes: I think almost everything has been tried one time or another.:smile2:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98008&page=4

11. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    hey guys Mr Cat did it again 6 fish today 4 keepers from 2 -7 lbs slow bite 9am to 1 pm:cool2:

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Way to go Nate (Mr. Cat) sounds like you are catching some nice cats.

Again are you able to net any shad at the tubes???

I would like to stop there next Fri on the way to Milford if any shad are there.

13. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    hey tom i dont look for shad! so i dont know if there or not i thank chris said they can be caught up on the slow side of the tube. what time are ya coming through?

14. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    I wouldn't waste your time at Tuttle Spillway for shad Tom.:sad2:

I have tried 3 times for an hour with an 8ftr and haven't caught a shad yet this year.

15. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Like I said that was last year. I haven't tried this year yet. I would prob. start looking over buy the swimming area down in the pond and east around that big point where the water might be a little warmer. Plus it is a big flat and makes it easy to find them if thay are there but that is just the same way I started finding them last year before the gar moved up and scattered them.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Guys....If I have time I will go to perry next week and see if my spot is still holding shad.
    The high water blew them out of there about 3 weeks ago but they might be back there now.

17. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    If the sun would come out and then warm a little I think that might help.

18. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Chris is right on.

I think there was too much water running last fall/winter for them, but I can't find them in the river pond yet either.

Chris, I have't made it across the lake to try for shad yet, but will let you know if I do. Thanks

19. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    well guys Mr cat did it again only three today in a half hour but i spent 2 hrs on tuttle lake with no bites then i hit the tubes two 3 s and one 5 :roll_eyes: pics coming soon

20. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

Nate maybe you should get this Mr. Cat guy to sign up for the BOC sounds like he is having some luck. :smile2: