Tuttle Creek fishing

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mandingo, Jul 5, 2006.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    I havent heard much about Tuttle this year,has anyone fished it lately?

2. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would like to know the same, any good?

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Tuttle creek is under fished for cats , it is a great channel lake.The blues are small up to 15#or so.It does not have as good of bank access as some of the other lakes in Kansas and you must watch the wind as it gets ruff with a north or south wind.There is good flathead fishing also.

4. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    How are the flathead there, Dale? I was thinking about fishing for them sometime this summer. Thanks :smile2:

5. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    There are lots of Flatheads in Tuttle. Like all lakes it takes time on the water to locate them.Fishing from a boat I would fish the tree line on the old river banks. The river below the dam down to rocky ford has been over fished. We are still see good numbers of flats but the size has gone way down, lots of fish up to 10 lbs.

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Dale, after reading your posts, I'm thinking about asking Jerald (Catfish Quiver) about making a trip with the Catoon to Tuttle, just to fish some different water for a change. I'll holler at you before we come up, get some locations from you. The timber along the old river channel souds good though.

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Jim give me a call any time, I will tell you what I know about Tuttle. With the high gas price I have been fishing the river more this year.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thanks Dale, came by to visit you about a week ago when was visiting Matt, you weren't home, probably fishing, hmmmmm? LOL. I'll catch you home one of these days.