Tuscarawas River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Mr Twister, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    Hey, I'm new to the area and was wanting to float the tuscy sometime. Are there any ramps? or public access to get a canoe or a small jon in the river?

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    There is all kinds of shore access for a small craft. Where on the Tusc are you looking? Are you in New Phiily, or Coshocton, or somewhere in between?

Welcome to the BOC!

3. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    Actually I'm out east in Toronto. Gnadenhutten is about 1/2 between my place and a friends, so we've talked about hooking up around there somewhere but aren't real familiar with the river. We usuall use two cars and do drop-off and pick-up deal so we don't have to fight the current. Thanks!

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I wanted to make a trip like that last year north of Dover Dam. Never could get anyone to take a whole weekend off to go with me

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,

You live in Tornto and you want to fish the Tusc?!?!? Are you nuts? The Ohio is in your backyard!!
    I know I know, a quiet float down a gentle rill is a nice change of pace from the litlle brother to the Big Muddy.

If you get to Coshocton, look me up. My phone #'s are in the sponsor section linked to my website. I know me and netman jack would take you to some nice spots on the O-HI-O.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jeff, when this year do you want to float? You give me 1 days notice and I'll be there If you have the canoe. Catch smallies for bait durring the day, slam the Flats all night, heck yea. Give me an idea what your tourney schedule is like and I'll deffinately make the drive. I may take the whole week off if need be LOL.

7. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    Most of my fishing will be on the OHIO. It is only a couple blocks from the house. I just need to get a boat! The prob is my wife wants one she will be comfortable sunning on for fun. We're looking for a 16-18' alum deep v with a windshield. That should serve us both very well. Anyway...like I said, its midway for me and my friend, so I am trying to do some planning. So where can we get in/out around gnadenhutten?

If you're ever going to be out this way look me up. I'd be happy to go learn from a couple pros. The only prob is I preach on Sundays so Saturday nights are out! Other nights are workable.

8. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    my brother live in portwashington there on lock seventeen....if you turn left of off rt.36 and take lockseventeen all the way til it ends you will be able to get into there...its been awhile sense ive been there so i dont know if you can get a truck all the way back to the river but you can go check it out

9. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    There is a nice ramp they put in just off of 36 there by the Y tavern which is just east of Gnadenhutten I am sure your friend knows where Tusky is. Just shoot me a Pm and maybe my son and I will float the river with ya I live in newcomerstown

10. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    thanks for sharing that doughman.....im not sure if you can get a truck back on lockseventeen anymore its been awhile sense i been there i use to take my dogs back there to run....but im sure your better off using the new ramps!!!!

11. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    we have put the canoe in all along the river from coshocton all the way up to dover damn even so it is just so much easier to use the ramps there is even a ramp right in Gnadenhutten

12. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    If we put in there, how far downstream to a good take out point?

13. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well if y aput in at tusky you can get out at gnadenhutten or go on down to newcomerstown or orange even on down to coshocton just depends on how far ya want to go

14. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    Thanks, we'll scout it out. You guys are the best!

15. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Just a thought guys why dont we ALL just try to put together a weekend sometime when the weather is decent and have a bunch of us BOC guys get together on a Saturday night and fish the TUSC. we could make it a ALL NIGHTER for the guys who want to. i SHOULD be able to come up with a spot big enough for a bunch of us to fish in that holds a few decent fish or if someone else has a spot big enough for a bunch of us to fish that would be fine !! what do you guys think ??? maybe in June or July ???

16. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just read the post!

I live in Gnaden. There is a ramp here. Tusky Ramp os also very nice. It is a decent trip from Tusky to Gnaden. You can make it a 3 hour trip or 8 hour trip....depends on how much you want to fish. A float I like to make is from Gnaden to Port Washington, or on down to Newcomerstown. If you are floatin with Canoe or Jon, though, you can take out anywhere along the route where you can park your car. There is another ramp downstream from Newcomerstown a bit that is easy access. Like Doughboy said, let us know when you want to come down this way. There is another spot at Tusky you can launch at that is a good float to the new ramp at Tusky too. If you want to let me know when you are planning on coming down here, I can even meet you somewhere to show you some spots. Maybe some time even get to float with ya.