Tuscarawas River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pokerkat, Jul 31, 2006.

1. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wondering if anyone in Ohio fishes this river, I fish this river quite frequently and catch quite a lot of larger flatheads in it, there are also channels and maybe some blues, I havent seen any but I have heard many people and friends catch them, but you never know when its just another fishing story right?

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well Alex, put me on a few of those larger flatheads and I might believe you! lol :big_smile:

3. Katphish

Katphish New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I fish the tusk. Mostly for channels but im looking for some good flathead spots though. As far as the blues I think someones givin you line of BS. Sometimes a large channel will look a lot like a blue and thats probably what they were talking about. From what Ive read on the odnr website the only place to find blues in ohio is down in the ohio river towards the furthest southern tip of the state.

4. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    see thats what I figured but someone once told me that there were no Northern Pike in the river but I have seen one once when I was fishing with a friend, I imagine that Blue catfish are in the river but dont hardly wanna bite our bait or something I guess.

5. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i fish in the tusc here in west lafayette but this year all i find is that the smaller 3-10# ones are bitting this year more than the plus size cats in the tusc

6. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yea down at my one spot all I catch is 5-10 lb flats, but it produces more fish than just one large fish, which is fine by me, at my other spot down at the muskingum, it produces tons of channels and maybe a large 15-40 lber every two weeks which is still fine by me.

7. Sundance

Sundance New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Do any of you fish at the dam in New Philly?

I will be in the area on vacation in a few weeks and would like to spend
    a day fishing there.

Any ideas on techniques would also be helpful.

Don.

8. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    cant say I fish the Tusky River near the new phily area, I fish a few tourny's there my friend Brian Huff has but other than that sorry, good luck though.

9. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Sundance (don)

I fish the Tusc all of the time in the New Philly area, try using live creek chubs for flatties or small live gills. if you are looking for a channel cat bite, try chicken liver or live creek chubs. If you want someone to fish with holler at me.

Brian Huff
    TCBA1987