Tuscarawas River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by gbotkin, Jul 16, 2009.

1. gbotkin

gbotkin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    New to the board, looking for good locations on the tuscarawas for nice sized cats, I cant seem to find any at this point haha. Seem to be in quite a slump! :sad2:

Thanks in advance for any advice!:big_smile:

2. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    what section of the Tusc are you fishing .......i fish from dover to Newcomerstown all of the time on the river............let me know ill try to help you out !!!

i am a member of a small catfish club that fishes on the Tusc if you are interested in that let me know !!!

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    1st off wlecome to the boc, i wish i could help you but ive never fished the tusc, im sure some one will chime in with some help

4. gbotkin

gbotkin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After speaking with MWCD there is supposed to be a great spot where state route 416 and 36 intersect. Im going to give it ago this evening weather permitting.

I scoped it out using google earth and it looks to be very promising.:cool2:

Thank you for the welcome.

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio

that IS a great location down there...............i fish it alot.................the bad thing is a magazune made a post about that EXACT location a couple of years ago and now on weekends there is USUALLY 5-6 vehicles down there fishing in that area.............plus i know this weekend there is 3 local tournaments going on so the crowds will be even worse let us know how you do if you get to fish down there !!

i fished the Tusc last night BELOW Newcomerstown and the cats were HAMMERING on bluegills !!!!

6. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    your welcome and good luck

7. gbotkin

gbotkin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got fed up catting, started tossing some spinner baits and found a few nice crappie, so the trip wasnt a total loss. GOing to keep on looking!:embarassed:

8. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    looking for good locations on the tuscarawas, greg what part r u fishing? i grew up in massillon, r u fishing that far north ?

9. gbotkin

gbotkin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No, I normally fish below new philadelphia. I live between Phila and Tusky. I am told it is one of the best stretches of river for cats on the tusc.

10. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    If you can find out any info on that stretch of the river let me know....Im curious on how far from the boat ramp there in Tuscy a guy can go in both directions...Ive been wanting to put my boat in up there for some time now, but cant get anyone else to go with me..I guess im getting old but I would prefer another boat being there in case 1 gets stuck or hung up in low water, not knowing the river .....

11. gbotkin

gbotkin New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have canoed down that stretch. can get pretty shallow with some quick moving water in spots. Biggest problem with the tusky ramp is that whole stretch of river is awfully shallow. I have been wanting to try and put in down there myself, however I am very new to boating, only had my little flat bottom out a few times this year, and it seems everytime has been a disaster haha.