Tuscarawas River - Where do you target catfish?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rockbass, Jan 2, 2006.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone on here fish the Tusc River? If so, what part of it do you fish?

I live in Tusccarawas County and fish the Tusc between Bolivar and Coshocton. The river has plenty of nice channel cats and some decent Flatheads. It is common to catch channels between 20 and 30 inches regularly and flaheads near 10 lbs are not hard to come by either. The larger Flatties are not as common in my immediate area, but some with decent size have been caught

I am always looking for people to fish with, so if you want to get together, let me know :cool:

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    i live in newcomerstown and fish the tusc pretty often between tusky and coshocton with my son and sometimes my father. so i am to get together with ya and try our luck anytime you are ready . i work mon thru thursday so anytime on the weekends is great for me. just drop me a pm and we will hook up.

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Funny, I just sent you a PM after seeing another post by you then I see this one :cool:

Now I noticed your name.......did you fish a tourney at Tappan last year that TCBA held? I think you even won it. Anyway, I was there if that was you.

We will definately have to get together and do some fishing! I fish the Tusc and Will's Creek a good bit, so I am sure we will get into some fish :D

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Call me in the spring, I am hibernating right now. I fish on Wed nights usually and live in Coshocton. Got some nice spots on Wills Creek and Salt Fork but would like to learn the tusc although its kind of far from the ramp on 2nd st.

Nice to have you aboard.

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you were pointing that toward me loanwizard, I will do that......I really want to learn more places to fish on Will's. I also want to fish Salt Fork more. I love to fish Will's Creek Dam, but don't know very many other places to fish on the Will's. I know there are some monster cats in that creek system and want to tangle into more of them. ;)

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Rock I gotta feelin we'll be doin some fishin this spring and summer.

7. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Im off every other weekend so lets get together

8. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We'll do that guys. I am always up for some fishing. Thought about getting into one of the catfish tourney's down that way too

9. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I like to fish during the Tournys but not in them ..I usally spend out the cash to fish ..and all I wanted to do was see what everyone else caught anyway lol

10. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio

11. catfish_hunter01

catfish_hunter01 New Member

State:
    nonya
    I fish the Tusc quite a bit from around dover dam all the way to where it goes into the musky..There are a ton of nice fish in that river...I have caught Shovelheads 30lbs...and The biggest channel Ive caught was 12lbs...and I know for a fact there are cats in that river 2x as big as the ones I catch..There are also big fish of different species too...You just gotta find your places that will produce...

12. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    2x as big.......true to that:) Hardest part for me is to be able to fish the good cat waters. a boat is the way to get to the real good cat holes, but I am stuck from shore most time:rolleyes: The Tusc is full of all kinds of fish and big ones too.

13. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio

wow, I hope you feel better now. 20-28 inch channels are hardly itsy bitsy, but if you think so, then you must catch all the monsters.

My PB channel from the Tusc was 13 lbs. Not a huge channel cat, but it is a nice one for this area. At least a nice one for me anyway:p That 12 lb one by catfish hunter would have been another nice one. I usually only fish public spots since I am limited to the shore and a lot of people are picky about people fishing on their property. you have to know if 20 inch fish are common in the places that are beat to death that there are some really nice hogs out in the rest of the water