Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Tusc tonight with my buddy Cody.........tried to get out before the storms hit.............we dodged the rain but the fish just werent biting for us..........i had one channel cat on that was about 4 lbs that i LOST and Cody had one run on live bluegill that he missed on the hookset..............that was it for almost 3 hours of fishing !!!

Best part of the night was when a boatload of drunks pulled in on the bank and decided to pitch a tent and build a HUGE bonfire (in the 40 mph winds) right in the middle of the only road out of where we were fishing. they completely blocked the road and were NOT MOVING for anyone. :pissed-off:

Its a good thing we had a 4 wheel drive truck and MADE a new road out !!! :smile-big:

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh trust me these guys were DRUNK and they were NOT moving for anyone........the sad part is they knew we were there. They had 5 MEN in alittle 12 ft flat bottom boat on the river !!!

· Registered
22 Posts
They had 5 MEN in alittle 12 ft flat bottom boat on the river !!!
I wonder if it's the same group of guys that we have been seeing on the Tusc/Stillwater.
One night Shane and I were anchored up right at the mouth of where Stillwater meets the Tusc and they came motoring along and didn't even slow down or give us time to reel in.:angry: I mean they weren't going fast or anything, only had a little 5hp or 9.9 on the back but still you would think they would have shown a little common courtesy. But the best part is like you said... there were 5 of them in that little jonboat! (along with a couple cases of beer) I kid you not, that boat was only 2 inches out of the water! We seriously thought about flying by them at speed, because that's all it would have took to swamp them.

And of course you know what they were doing..... limb lining. Now if that's your thing...what ever, it's legal so I can't say much about it. But I thought you have to have tags or something on there so you know who's they are?
Now comes the part that pisses me off! We were back up there two days later and the water had dropped a good bit and guess what we found....... 5 channels and 2 flatheads half hanging out of the water dead! We see crap like this WAY to often on the Tusc and people wonder why the fishing hasn't been like it was just even 5 years ago.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEP..................sounds like the same group of guys and they were limb lining too. I saw the same thing on the Stillwater last year 7 different lines hanging from trees when the water dropped with dead cats on them..........two of the flatties were in the 20 lb size range and the lines had NO TAGS on them either.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now that you mentioned it the same guys did the same thing to my dad and i last summer on the Stillwater they came flying up river full throttle and ran right over our lines and didnt even slow down and they were tossing beer cans in the water as they went past !

· Registered
1,104 Posts
Has to be the same gang I saw down here by gnaden one time. No tags on the lines......I cut them off. Same goes for lines in the lakes for me. People that act like that in their boats are the same people you hear about in the police log in the paper. In other words...nothing but trouble. Sounds like an extra rod with 5 oz sinker on it is in order:angry:

· Registered
727 Posts
That crap would piss me off. If there are no tags on the lines you can cut them. Because then the lines are considered debris. Plus it usually means they are going to be selling the fish to paylakes and they don't want the rangers having their number.

· Banned
700 Posts
I found some old limb line's at Seneca last yr while deer hunting around the edge of the lake all line's had sinker's and hook's still on them i cut them as high up as i could and pocked the hook's and sinker's no name on lines so i considered it someone elses trash and was helping clean up the lake same goes for jug line's in my oppion ......sniper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.