Tuscarawas River flathead catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by joadb, Feb 26, 2007.

1. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    does any one catch flatheads in the tusk river?I have talked to guys who have caught them below dover and further south.Are there any up north?I just started fishing the tusk last year around the canal fulton area without any luck.-plenty of pike though!

2. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    sorry i put this in the wrong column

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    from dover dam SOUTH is BEST !!! i fish the from New Philadelphia south to Gnadenhutten !!! i catch ALOT of flatties in that stretch of the river !!!

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish the Tusc for Flatties, and have caught quite a few of them. I have never fished for them above the Dover Dam, but have heard of a could spots that will produce some nice ones above the dam. Only as far up as Bolivar area though.

Take some time to come down this way and look for areas to fish. There are tons of spots on the Tusc. Many spots are not fished very hard for flatties, in my opinion, because most of the people out cattin are just casual fisherman and fish with liver for channels. Not sure where you are from, but Dover Dam can produce some nice fish and so can the mouth of the Sugar Creek in Dover