Tuscarawas River channel catfish 11/25

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rockbass, Nov 25, 2006.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fished the Tusc this afternoon/evening. Tried my normal fall time cattin hole from about 415 till around 5 with no bites, so I decided to try a spot I have never fished, and it paid off. I caught 4 channels total weight 20 lbs 8 ounces. one small one only 3 lbs even, the other 3 were FO I was surprised only 2 of the fish had full guts, the other 2 were not very fat at all. I figured this time of year they would all be unusually chunky. It was great to get out and actually catch fish after getting skunked on the saugeye earlier in the day and zilching on shad

A 5 lb 2 ounce(I think) average for channel cats this time of year for me, is awesome. I might give the day time bite a try tomorrow:cool2:

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    channels were biting pretty good over here on the GMR as well, salmonid and i got about 15 today in 4 1/2 hrs of fishing. bite slowed down after noon really fast though.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish, congrats on the catches.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I fished the Tusc. River at the mouth of Conotton Creek. No luck.I think I'm done catfishing until next year.

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well congrats on the tusc fish sounds like you had fun

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks guys! I figured with the way they hit at night the day bite would be great. I went on Sunday from 200 till almost dark and only had one light hit. I think I was just lucky the night before. Oh well, there is always next year. I will be out in a couple weeks to try for a december cat. For my area, it is pretty unusual, but I will be trying:cool2:

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Nice Fish Thanks For Sharing The Story

8. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I am with you on the December cats. Nothing in 5 tries this November but won't stop til fozen over. Congrats on th catch.

9. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    what did you use for bait?cut shad,liver,shrimp,just curious.

10. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shad all the way