Tuscarawas River Catfishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rockbass, Mar 31, 2006.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hit the Tusc river tonight to fish for channels......I fished the normal hole above the riffles on 416 and had some bites. Decided to try a new spot to see where we were fishing tomorrow night. It paid off big time for me.

caught one fish on chicken liver that was 20 inches long and had a big gut. Then followed that one up with a 8 lb channel, but it only measure 26.5 inches. had several other light bites, but only managed to land 2 other channel cats each were only about 18 inches long. nothing huge tonight, but the 8 lber was a good way to start off the catfishing season.

Oh yeah now I can do the fat man shuffle since I caught a Fish Ohio channel cat!$ If this is a sign of good things to come, I should have a good year, but now I just killed that idea :p

2. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Had another decent night catfishing. Not a great night as far as size and numbers, but it wasn't too bad for this early in the season.

Ended the night with 5 channels. 3 were only about 20 inches long, but the other 2 were about the average sized with one 24 inches long and the other going 26.5 give or take a quarter inch or so. :eek:

Also on a bit of a bad note, I caught 2 more mud puppies :mad: but on a better note, caught a nice saugeye on a creek chub.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    sounds like a good start to the season, congrats on the catch

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah it isn't a bad start, especially since I have not been hearing about much of anyone else catching any catfish yet:cool:

5. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Rocky, I haven't been out on the river yet. Sounds like it's going to be better than last year. We need to get together and do some cattin.

6. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Was out for a little while tonight. fished 2 hours and landed 2 catfish. normal 20 inchers of course, but also had ahold of something nice, but naturally lost it:sad: I did add 2 more mudpuppies to my count though. I have not looked them up yet, but I am wondering if it is mating season or something