Tuscarawas River 6/12

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by loanwizard, Jun 15, 2009.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Me and Jack (Netman) got out with some gills friday night and went up in the Tuscarawas River. We searched out some fine spots on a river with scary skinny water.

Depending upon perspective we had a decent/sucky night.

I caught 9 ( 3 channel, 6 flatties all under 9 lbs)

Poor Jack never caught a fish.

We think it was because I smoke and the cats all liked smoked cut bluegill.

Funny thing was, I caught a 3lb flattie on a live bluegill large enough to qualify for a fish Ohio award, and a channel on live bait as well. Caught 5 flatties on cut gill including one during the day.

Also saw, coming downstream in the morning, an 8 wheel Massey Ferguson half in the river. Some dumba$$ had stolen it and driven it through the owners cabin and then through the river getting stuck on the other side. Wonder if it was the same idiot that stole my rods?

Update, the sheriff told me they caught the tractor thief. Score: Thieves 1, Law Enforcement 1.

2. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Thanks for the report, it sucks you both didn't get into em.

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the report. So I take it you didn't sell the jet boat? How skinny was the water? Any pictures?

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Nope, paid off the ex and kept it!

Skinny the depth was, but skinnier still was the width of the river. There were turns where I had to slide by obstacles intead of go around them then turn. That is oe isadvantage of a 20 foot long boat that is also 8 feet wide. Looks like a barge on that river lol!

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Too bad it's not 2 for law an 0 for thief but I'm sure whoever it was will gets theirs soon enough. Thanks for the fishing report.