Tuscarawas River 11/11

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rockbass, Nov 12, 2006.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I finally got out for some cattin today. Fished from about 415 till 7. Caught one channel weighing 7 lb 12 oz. Put up one heck of a fight too. Other than that between the 3 of us, we only had about 6-8 other bites. All on shad. Tried crawlers but no luck. I am hoping to get back out still this year for fall channels.....preferably without the wind and rain:lol:

2. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Nice to see you got out. I went to the Muskingum on Friday but did'nt do any fishing because I could'nt find any shad. Tried at Ellis for about an hour with my cast net. So I put the boat in at Riverside and just took some time to look around. Congrats on the nice channel.

3. Phatdaddy

Phatdaddy New Member

State:
    ohio
    we made it uot to the killbuck today- one channel cat about 4-4.5 pounds. hoping to do better this week.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I fished the TCBA tourney Saturday night. GOT SKUNKED!!!
    Floyd caught two small channels to take it all. He was the only one who caught anything.

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well at least you got out I sure hope to get out agin before snow flys

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    For a quick trip if you are looking for 3-9lb fish in good numbers and plentiful bait you cannot beat Dillon.

We too searched for shad in the spillway. Ended up following the birds to an eddy. 1 throw, all the shad we and about 20 others we could use.

BTW I have folks in CW there on the main drag down between Wally world and the old downtown. They put on plays at that lithopolis theatre. My wife makes me go see them during prime fishing times. UUUGGGHHHH! Oh, I guess anytime is prime fishing time LOL!

7. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Shawn, thanks for the info. I want to try Dillon sometime, hear the catfishing can be real good in the spillway. The only trouble is I can only fish mainly on the weekends and I'm sure that area can get crowded during that time.

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I forgot to tell you the best part about Dillon.... very little pressure. Bring the boat drift above the dam.

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Shawn, Where is Dillon in relation to Coshocton? I only fish MWCD lakes, Salt Fork, Will's Creek, Tusc River and Sillwater Creek. Thanks man!

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey Rocky here is some info for Dillon

Dillon Lake