Tuscarawas River 10/27

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rockbass, Oct 29, 2007.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fished the Tusc Saturday night from 6-1130. The fishing was awesome a coupld days before when the water was up, but after the quick drop of over 2 ft, the fish turned back into pumpkins:eek:oooh: I caught one fish quickly after moving to me second spot. Landed it, and was very happy to see a fish that would rival my first channel of 07 at 9 lb 11 oz. As I was putting him on the stringer, my other rod started humming......and goofy me realized I left the bail closed with the clicker on, just not in freespool. It ran with the clicker anyway:big_smile: Landed the second fish and was all excited thinking I found a honey hole. WRONG. Had only 2 other light bites the rest of the night. Both fish came on shrimp. Much to my surprise, my first fish actually made for my personal best channel for 07. 10 lb 1 oz, and my other channel weighed 6 lb 13 oz. Both fish were released after pics!
    [​IMG]
    Travis(greasemonkey on here) also caught a couple fish. His largest one was 6 lb 13 oz, the smaller one was around 4 lbs
    [​IMG]

2. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    Man you did way better than me! You are right when you say they turned into pumkins! I spent the better half of sat. trying to seine up some creek chubs, drove to 4 creeks that usually produce good chubs, got 3! Didnt matter dude! I had cut bait,shrimp,crawlers, and some stuff called scrapple which is pork liver,pork heart,fat and other pork thats scrap ground up into a pudding. I threw it all out there! Hell i even chummed the water around 10:30 with bluegill that i put in my blender! I caught 1, two pound channel cat, then i sat in the rain, pulling in my lines every 15 minutes to get the leaves off them for 4 hours, then at 11:00 my pole heads for the water,hooked that damn softshell turtle that made me think i had caught this years personal best.My only regret was not getting together with you,at least we could have sucked together!LOL OH WELL! thats why they call it fishin and not catchin!