Tusc River 6-04

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tcba1987, Jun 5, 2009.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Fished the Tusc River here in Ohio last night.................my dad and i and my buddy chuck headed about 20 miles south of where i have been fishing lately...............mainly to try out some new areas that looked really good............i had 4 good hard runs that loaded up the rod on cut shad............only landed one small channel about 3 lbs............was using circle hooks and for some reason the fish were on for about 20 seconds or so when i was cranking them in and they would just come off..........dad had 3 runs 2 on fresh cut creek chubs and one on a live bluegill............he only hooked one fish ...............a decent channel cat around 6 lbs that came off right by the bank..........My buddy chuck had 2 runs......... one on cut creek chub that he missed using regular J hooks..............and he had another run on a big 10 inch LIVE creek chub that he landed ..............a 6 lbs 13 oz flathead. I was sure happy to get some bites and finally land a fish ............but i must admit im about ready to give up on the circle hooks and go back to using regular octopus J hooks soon...........i seem to miss alot of fish on the circle hooks for some reason ???

[​IMG]