tusc. river 10-17-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by varmint_sniper, Oct 20, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    well DAVE and I hit the tucs. river on sat and it was a good time we went and got some shad from a mwcd lake and headed out with out bucket full of shad we got there round 4;30pm and 5 mins in dave landed a 8lb plus channel cat not a bad way to start the trip then i missed a couple (first time useing circle hooks :angry: ) got the feel for them and with DAVE'S coaching i landed 6 or 7 fish that night all between 5lbs and 10lbs lost a big channel cat dave and i seen him we guessed hime at 11plus lbs before he came unbuttoned :crazy: total fish that night was 13 fish caught 7 fish lost total stringer weight for 13 fish caught was apx 70lbs was an awsome night on the river for us and we will be back soon (hopefully?) water was COLD fish didnt fight hard and long but was a good time all fish were released to fight again another day healthy and strong. hell dave even found himself a new girlfriend while we were there he was sleeping like allways with a cat we found dwn on the river bank he slept with dave by the fire as i collected firewood to keep them both warm lol:smile2: was a cold 33deg, that night but was worth it for all the fish we caught had a good time sure with our buddie matt (mbill) and mikey(fishstick11) could have been there but was an awsome time had a couple deer late in the night feed by me i was the only one awake to seee them 10 ft away from us eating acorns or somethin had not a care in the world no flatheads were caught but the channels had us busy
    Dont think the yr is over yet but after dark they sure did seem to slow dwn from 11pm to 2 am we went with out a bite mabey next time we will hit it in the daytime and see if we do better? hope yall injoy....sniper

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Glad to hear you guy's had a good night out,To bad you didn't get a pic of dave ,and his girlfriend:cool2:

3. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Yeah Will really wished I could have joined you guys that night. I hope to try that spot this week after work for a few hours since I'm only 15 min away LOL sorry bout that. Anyway I think that spot is a wintering hole and I may need an extra pair of hands to square some things away this fall so may be able to treat you to several days of fishing and a new 7000 c3 for some of your help.
    Have to let you know, so thanks for the post and ttyl.

4. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    THANKS for the report....................i hope the Tusc is that good for me on Saturday.............im heading out for probably my last trip of the year !!

5. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep this was a very good night of fishing. Ive have literally chased flatheads ALL year so didnt get to channelcat fish as much as i usually would. I would accidently catch a stray channel cat while fishing flatheads but havent been targeting them. THAT WAS A MISTAKE! I forgot how much fun these fish can be. My goal for next year...dont target one fish. I want to fish for flatheads and channelcats equally next year. Boy was this a fun trip. Reps to will for helping cut down trees to keep me and my "new friend" warm. I also learned some other things on this trip. Will forgot to mention that on our trip we met a homeless fellow. We talked to him quite a bit while we were there. He was down on luck and stuff hasnt been going his way. Im glad we went, kept him company, and showed him a thing or two about channelcat fishing. I learned not to judge a book by its cover. Anyhow 32 degrees is far to cold to fish in but heck it was a great time and all worth it!

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio

Homeless guy........ive been fishing a spot where there has been two homeless guys living/staying in a make shift tent.............were you fishing a creek mouth ?? might be the same spot that i fish ???

there seems to be a lot of homeless people living along the Tusc right now............i know of the two guys that i mentioned above and one other guy who is staying alone and they ALL stay right on the banks of the river !!!

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good night of fishing grats rick

8. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The great part about where you fished is that most people don't try for channels there.

Can't complain about a numbers and size night like that one on the Tusc!

9. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    i did get pic of dave and his c
    g/f just on a disp camera have to wait to see it when i get them developed but i WILL post it when i get them

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  10. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    :smile2::smile2::cool2:Hey dave ,Is there any thing you want to say!!:big_smile::smile2::wink:

11. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    :wink::smile2::eek:oooh: i bet he will when the pic's get devoloped and he see's them on hear :wink::smile2::cool2: he probably wont talk to me till next may lol

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    naw , i think he'll be alright, but then again, it mite all depend on just HOW CUFFY he was with the kitten:eek:oooh::embarassed::embarassed::smile2::cool2:

13. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Congrats Will, that is a good nite in anybody's book.