Turtles, turtles, turtles !!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by springkitty, May 22, 2009.

1. springkitty

springkitty New Member

State:
    Fl
    :angry: We have only 4 lakes here and its nearly impossible to catch anything except turtles! Does anyone know of a bait that fish love and turtles will not eat? All the lakes have some decent cats (as well as huge) and lots of nice pan fish but no catching them for turtles stealing the bait or worse yet, getting hooked. It takes forever to catch anything using soap. Thank you in advance,
    Kitty

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Have you tried any stink baits/blood baits or dip baits?

3. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have the same problem. Plus those snapping turtles dont like it when i try to get my hook back. I am considering just starting to eat turtle. I hear the have 7 kinds of meat.

4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    They pretty much like anything a cat does. Just start eating turtles!:smile2:

5. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I heard it was the other other other other other other other white meat...LOL

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
  7. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    try using slip bobber to keep the bait off the bottom enough so the turtles can't get to it, and also you can use live bait like brim or shad on the riggs for cats, I have a area that holds some good cats as well as big turtles, using the slip bobber rig helps a lot.

8. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went fishing at the local lake yeaterday, and got 4 hooked turtles, the GF hooked 1. Freakin turtles suck. I can tell you that turtles LOVE "little smokies" That's what I was using yesterday.:confused2: