Turtle

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AzHeadHunter, Jul 16, 2009.

1. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey check out this monster. It's not a flathead but just as ugly. Thats my son holding the monster. You can tell by his face that he was freaked out. LOL

Attached Files:

2. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Cool catch! What lake was that at? Last time I went out to Bartlett I wad doing some top water fishing in the morning and one of those soft shell turtles kept chasing my lure.

3. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That turtle was caught at Alamo Lake two weekends ago. On liver.

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    used to catch them in canals around calexico,ca all the time. darn things wouldn't leave the bait alone. finally figured out how to get them to leave alone. would bring bag or two of unsalted anchovies along. cut into little chunks and throw out. the turtles liked that better than mackeral or liver.
    gary

5. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    kool catch. alamo is a nice looking place to go to.

6. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    nasty little bait stealing things!! cool for the little one though!!

7. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    those really are fun to catch but disapointing also, thinking you have something big. happens a lot at bart 2. nice

8. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    crack it open they are very oily should be great cut bait. Sorry Skunko..... But its true. Mmm mm mmmmm tasty!:big_smile:

9. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Hey! Flatheads aren't ugly, they're the most beautiful fish of all.

10. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    Hey trueword1, you're lucky your son still has all his fingers. Those soft shell turtles are some nasty s.o.b.'s with a beak like a razor, and their necks can stretch all the way back to their tails. I would never handle one. I once caught an 18 pounder in Florida and it was every bit as vicious as any snapper. Happy fishing.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

11. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    Yep they can be nasty. My brother caught the same one twice at Gila over the weekend. Snapped the line right off both times right at the shoreline. Almost got my fingers the second time. I hope he likes the taste of treble hooks, he seemed to like the dip bait.:crazy:

12. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    WHOA big guy!!!!!!!!!! you sure dont fight for turtle rights like you do for fish!!!!!!!

13. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    I hate those little buggers.Like gary most of my turtle incounters have been around the IV.Had some bad nights where they would just gut out just about all the baits we put out.And I wouldent have handled that thing,there necks are really long.Yuck,just thinking about em gives me the willys.:eek:oooh: