Turtle Trap

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by topfuelkc, Jul 30, 2008.

1. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Does anyony know how to make a good effective turtle trap. I have a friend who has a small pond and the turtles are really eating up all of there fish.They are also eating lot's of CATFISH:eek:oooh: if anyone knows how to do this could you please send some pics so I can try to build them one.

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i don't have a photo of it but it is real easy to make, you will need a 2x8 some carpenter cloth (steel netting or fine fence will work) make a frame out of the 2x8 about 2'x2' frame should lay flat so the turtles can craw on it, on inside drive finishing nails into inside the side on what will be the face down side so they extend about 1 1/2"+ use large finishing nails, now make a box out of the carpenter cloth the same size as the frame, put a bottom in it leave the top open (the box should not be too deep about 6" attach it to the bottom of the frame with staples or nail staples, ok got the idea, use a rope to tie it off to the shore, you can make it bigger if you want. also you can have set lines with bait.

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    when you put then nails on it should be on the 2" edge this will not allow the turtle to get out, the nails will hold the shell down, nails should be about 2" apart. think of a hair comb facing down at about a 30degree angle.