Turtle Soup

Discussion in 'Turtle Talk' started by Stemwinder, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Stemwinder

Stemwinder New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've never had turtle soup. What does it taste like?

2. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    my dad made it once. some 150 yr old louisiana bayou recipe. it IS NOT bland by any means. i for one think its the best soup youll ever have. i know that was to me. my mouth is watering right now thinking about it.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Our scout master used to make it when I was a kid . That was the best damn soup I have ever had . My dad used to grill it then cut it off the bones and put it into a pot of great northerns , that was some awesome stuff with corn bread and fried taters covered in sweet onions .

I keep saying I am going to keep a few and clean them to make turtle soup but I never do it . When I catch them I let them go .

As far as the taste . It all depends on the way you cook it I guess . Some say it tastes like pork , beef , fish , chicken . To be honest I cant really remember the taste . I havent had it since 1987 when my dad made it . He has been gone since 93 . I just remember it was great .

If you know a good recipe and how to clean one you should give it a try .

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  4. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia

youre right on all accounts. turtles have seven different kinds of meat. some like beef, some like pork, some like chicken, and some like fish. cant figure out the other three, but it was definitely good.