Turtle question?

Discussion in 'Turtle Talk' started by CJ21, Jul 4, 2008.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I wondering do turtles run the fish you is trying to catch?

2. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Man you gotta rephrase your question I don't speak Alabamian southern talk. I don't know what yur askin.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I was saying that I think the turtles steal the bait you is trying to fish with.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    cj did you get my paycheck?lol.

several years ago the co i worked for mailed my paycheck. i got it a week and a 1/2 later. it had went to montgomery alabama then was sent back to illinois to me,lol.:smile2:

yes. turtles will pick at your bait. anything that a catfish will like turtles most likely will eat too. ive caught many turtle fishing cor channels. softshell and snappers.

cj remember those 3 channels my uncles granson caught this weekend? you replied to the thread.

they had a small bluegill out all night. the weight was bigger than the gill. and the next morning it was 40' from where it was and it had something on it. he said it was moving slowly but wasnt swimming side to side. and eventually broke 20lb line. i assured him he most likely had a turtle.

5. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think I catch most of the snappers stealing bait but depending on what I'm using I guess sliders could steal some, but not enough to worry me.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    heck yeah they do! this morning i caught a 30# or so snapper while using cut carp. i have also noticed that the dang red eared sliders learn to pick at the bait more after being caught a few times. softshells are pickers too.

7. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I for one target turtles as well as cats when
    I fish. But,The small turtles can drive you
    nutty when they keep munching away your bait.
    I'll stay for a little while hoping i'll catch
    a large snapper but,after a while if I don't
    catch a big one and no cats bite I get discussted and leave the area.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    if i went fishing and came home with nothing but a 30# turtle ide be tickled to death.:wink: best wild game in the water./ goes for over $11lb here. all it costs me is a fishing liscense and some free time out on the creek.

9. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    That's exactly the way I feel about it.