turtle fishing Iowa

Discussion in 'Turtle Talk' started by davesoutfishing, Aug 23, 2005.

1. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    I have many ponds full of turtles I just need some one to catch them with,clean, and eat with any takers? lol

2. mad catter

mad catter Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds good Dave, I have got my share of snappers here in IA. So far to date I have got 661 snappers. Have a turtle fry every year.

3. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    mmmm turtle fry ......thats alot of turtles I just like catching them I would love to find a buddy to go with me

4. mad catter

mad catter Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looked at the map and it just looks like you are to far away. With the price of gas the way it is, it's just to far of a drive. You need to find a closer buddy.
    Good luck with those turtles.

5. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    lol seems always the case I do travel abit to newton clinton bettendorff muscatine and fort madison

6. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Dave, I have responded to your post a couple of times by PMs but I probably screwed them up. Anyway when you are coming to the Quad Cities let me know and I will show you first hand how I catch snappers with a turtle board setup. There was a thread on the old BOC site where I posted a drawing but I don't know if they can be retrieved or not.

Perhaps in the spring I can get away and come down your way to show you first hand how I catch, clean, and cook them. Schoe