Turtle Creek tourney. live well suggestions needed

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by j to the wizzle, Mar 1, 2009.

1. j to the wizzle

j to the wizzle New Member

State:
    United States
    hey looking for a cheap easy way to make a live well for the turtle creek on march 14 I know I can use a cooler and make one but looking for something different and new any ideas it has to be large enough to get 10 catfish in but small enough to still be able to move around in our boat....?? thanks for the help J :crazy:

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome to the wonderful BOC j.. im sure you will find all the information you need right here on this site..

as for your livewell, check out the member library..

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=546078&postcount=3

scroll about halfway down the page, theres about 10-12 ideas there that others have made..

hope this helps you out

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    its suppose to hold some big cats. 10 fish limit, i hear too. it would take a huge live well to hold 10 20+#fish! if there is 2 of you in the boat,you better just fill the boat half way with water.lol can you use stringers?

4. j to the wizzle

State:
    United States
    that might be a good possablity cause it doesn't say anything about it in the rules so it I get into a 20# catfish then I might have to resort to that lol which would be awsome :smile2: this will be my first time going to a tourn. so it will be a learning time for me...

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck to you brother!

6. Mean Streak

Mean Streak New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Would really perfer not to use stringers. A pickup tool box works well or they do have nets made to hold fish but you have to have the fish out of water when you move. If you have to use a stringer just make sure it is not through the gills. A hole punched in the bottom center behind the lip heel well and will hold good.

7. j to the wizzle

State:
    United States
    ok thanks do you know anymore about the rules down at turtle creek tourn. there isn't much out there to look at.. like when should we be there and what time is check in, in the morning..

8. Mean Streak

Mean Streak New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I belive the lake opens at 7 and we will start checking boats as they pull in. The tournament starts 9. Remember to have all safety equiptment, life jackets must be worn when the big motor is running (lake rule), only 3 poles per person no extras.