Turtle Creek Reservoir 10HP lifted

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Trapper-steve, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    Hi everyone,
    I just got off the phone (812-356-4744) with man in charge at Turtle Creek Reservoir in Merom IN.
    They have lifted the 10HP restriction you just have to run big motor at idle or just enough to move boat.
    No speeding :wink:

2. Beehunter

Beehunter New Member

State:
    Goosepond Marsh, Indiana
    I intend to fish it for catfish some this summer. Does anyone catch any big catfish out of there anymore? I remember in the 80's and early 90's it was full of nice cats.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats good news, Thanks for passing it along Steve.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    In the 90's it was infested/overrun with 10 inch channel cats.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks for the heads up brother!

6. shoot2thrill25

shoot2thrill25 New Member

State:
    TH, Indiana
    still infested with the little cats. I fished in the cat tournament that was there in March. There were two decent cats. a 13 and 11 pound flats. other than that it was a bunch of little guys. The ol timer that works the guard shack swears there are some giants in there and there very well could be. But with 80+ boats i heard were out there for the tourney i wasn't to impressed.

7. jesseray

jesseray New Member

State:
    missouri
    i fished a catfish tourny there about 2 months ago and the winner had 13pounds total and there was around a 100 people there i'd say,i only caught 3 small one's and my cuz was 9 ounce's away from placing but the winner with 13 pound's was only 1 flathead.so it was pretty slow.
    i've heard of huge one's coming out of there but the time's i've fished it for cat's i've never hardly got anything...pretty good bass though.