Turtle Creek Res. Open Tourney

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just checked the ICA website, they have confirmed the Turtle Creek Res. Open Tournament date as March 20th. I had a good time last year even though we had a crappy day on the lines. I plan on fishing it again this year. Anybody else?

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

3. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    You know you want to Winston. LOL.

4. Greenedog

Greenedog New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I might. That's the start of spring break for my kids, so we might end up down in Alabama turkey hunting or in Florida fishing. The way my finances are though, I'd be smart to just stay close to home! I only live about 30 minutes from Merom.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shooooot man- ya know darn well I'm in!

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    In fact, I'm going to bring my Dad along this time...

7. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I would like to fish it again. Next time I want to try for some flatheads instead of the 12inch bait robbers!!!!

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Next time .... I don't want to be freezing my arse off so I can think about what the heck I'm doin'
    Fishin and freezin' don't go together well for me.
    You gotta know though- there has GOT to be serious big ol hawgs in that lake... flatties actively eating and growing in the dead of winter just like they do in the summer..... 365 days a year......

9. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Send your boys out there Bill.. Make them Scout it for you, pick them up after 5 days.. leave only 1 PB&J samich... theyll make you proud

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Whassup mr Kyle! -would be a great place for kids... take 'em out let 'em reel-in ten thousand little channel cats..... Might have to bring 'em along.

11. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    wishin i was fishin..... :crying:

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    heh.... you're welcome to come 'on over n drill some ice,,, I'll stand at the window and watch.

13. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    oh im sure you would!
    figured with the single digits lately, your probably close to froze all the way through

14. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    No promises on the weather Bill, after all, we are talking about March in Indiana, LMAO! Drag out those ole ratty Carharts and hook up the Tracker, aint taken no for an answer bro.

Justin, you ought to come on over dude. We had a good time last year.

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wind, rain, sleet, or snow, (and I think there was all three last time?) I'll be there!

16. Greenedog

Greenedog New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's what I'm thinking too.....with warm water all year and all those BILLIONS of little channels, there has to be some HAWG flatties in there.

17. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    There are, trust me. :wink:

18. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Bill was them Carharts you were wearing or something else? Also next time wear some boots and more clothes your smaller than Shane. He wears shorts and sandals when he is icefishing. I will try and make it out there as long as my master's thesis hasn't killed me by then

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Something else.... think my wife got 'em for me a a yardsale.... Normally I don't fish when it's cold, I ain't got any meat in my bones and I freeze easy lol.
    Shane's just nuts man... he took his shirt off and got in the water to trailer his boat... did you see that? it was what? maybe 35* that day? lmao.

20. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He got in the water a Brookville one day when it was about 20*. The coves were frozen over. NUTS