Turtle Creek Gathering (Wabash River Gathering)

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Turtle Creek Gathering (formerly Wabash River Gathering)
    Turtle Creek Reservoir
    October 9th, 10th, & 11th
    Reservoir fees, $3.00 per day, per person
    www.hepn.com/turtlecreek.asp

Camping (primitive only), Turtle Creek Bait Shop
    Located 1/8 mile east of reservoir entrance on highway 54.
    $5.00 per night, per tent.

Please make a post if you plan on coming so I can get an idea of how many. This is a no frills event, bring what ever you will need for the weekend to be self sufficient.

Attached is a map to the reservoir, the boat launch is at the "Enviromental Center" passed the power plant entrance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Barry,
    I assume the Wabash sand bar whoop-di-doo is off (I've been gone a couple of weeks) because of water levels?
    I think I could drag the old boat a few more miles to TC...W

3. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    You guessed it ol buddy, the Wabash hit .093' Monday, with no relief in sight. This local rain and cool temps should wake up the flats & channels on Turtle Creek. Should be a good time. Hope you can make it.

4. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    I might have to make the trip up if work permits. Got to fish there a few times while in college but never caught much. I guess now would be a good time to change that.

5. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Reminder: Hoosier Energy has suspended the 10 hp & under rule for 2009 after a succesful trial at the March tournament. It's idle only for motors over 10hp (but you can run a lil faster as long as you dont look like you are outrunning a 10hp).

6. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not saying that im gonna make it for sure but can't you have any size motor on TC? I believe i read that awhile back. I think you just have to stay in idle mode to move if you motor is over a certain horsepower. Once I find out if im goin ill let you know for sure WRB.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  7. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    See the post directly before yours, lol.

8. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana

I see you beat me to the punch. :big_smile:

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i am coming no matter what i not missing a crazy weekend with you all

10. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    its up in the air if i make it .... you all wish us luck in the tourney tomorrow... will post pics and results sat. night when we get back.

11. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    oh ill be fishing with Biga (adam)

12. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    The word is that the Merom area got over 3" of rain this week, and more on the way. Thats a good thing, fresh oxygenated water hitting Turtle Creek Reservoir. Their water levels have been down this summer and they had been pumping water from the Wabash to maintain the Res until the Wabash got so low. I got a good feeling about the conditions for our gathering at TC, and the river at Merom and Hutsonville aint lookin bad right now either. Keep your fingers crossed!

13. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I doubt ill be able to make it. But if i did end up comming im not gonna lie i will be forced to try to catch one of the monster bass out of that place. heard way too many stories

14. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Where did everybody go? Hope ya'all aint loosin interest.

15. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    looks like i might be makin it that way anyways. dang ol cats didnt cooperate down on the mississippi. hell didnt even see more than prolly 10 fish total on the fish finder. covered about 20 miles of river.hopefully i can change my luck up at TC or the wabash

16. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    If things work out like I hope, we will be fishin TC and the Wabash. :wink: Got 2 boat ramps on the Bash within 5 miles of TC.

17. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i would like to go but i dont have a boat and thats given i dont have to work

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well since TC is 10 hp and there's a possibilitly of fishin' the bash. I decided not to mess with the tracker (ain't reg'ed it this year)
    And bring the butt buster (10' foot jon) to make sure I can get around if I fish the bash

19. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    TC is "open motor", idle only, they suspended the 10 hp rule this spring, and is not a state lake, it's privately owned by Hoosier Energy, they play by state rules (mostly :wink:), no DNR out there.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  20. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    There is all kinds of bank fishing at TC. People catfish the banks down there all the time.