Turns out to be a dead site

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by macdaddy, Jan 27, 2007.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    its about dead in here in georgia. was hopeing for more action in this site....

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Hi Dwayne. Sorry to see that you see this as a dead site. Its really not.

If you want to start up a conversation you can post your topic or post your questions on any of the forums on the board. There will nearly always be someone to answer and/or join in.
    You can also join in the chat room.

There are lots of plans already underway for the GA gathering in May. You can find info on that under the Gatherings forum. Its a great way to meet other members and make new fishing friends!

Hope you stick around long enough to see what this site really does have to offer. Its an awesome place. :)

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Dwayne I am sorry that this site is not what you expected but I do hope you stick around long enough to help improve it and would like for you to come to the ga gathering in may i am pushing real hard to make it the best ever

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I agree with Roger, Dwayne. If you take time to read through all the different topics on the forum, you will realize, I think, just how active the BOC site really is. We have almost 10,000 members, and hundreds, sometimes thousands of posts, every day. Weekends are sometimes a little slow, 'cause a lot of us are off fishing. :wink: Take a good look at things and give it a chance. I'm a South Carolina member, but I enjoy reading the threads from all the other states, too. There's no one forum thread for everything, but there are enough threads to cover almost anything you could want to know. If you like catfishing, I don't see how you could find a better site, and I hope you will enjoy your time here. :big_smile:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Well there Mr. Dwayne. Why not create some action if ya are that bored. What is it exactly that ya are lookin for.

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    I am with Big George on this one.
    Let it rip and let her run.
    Get Something Started!

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Dwayne. Maybe the rest of those Georgia boys are waiting for you to make the first move. Jump right in and stir the pot a little...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Your luck has been completely changed today.

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    This "site" isn't just about Georgia. Sure there isn't much going on in this state but theres alot going on across the country and across the seas. give it a chance. I hardly ever post much under the Ga section. The BOC, in my opinion, is more of a national family than single states. Hang around a while and see what you think.

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Dwayne I sometimes think you are right about Ga that is why I hope a lot of the new members from Ga will come to the gathering so we can get to know each other and then it should help liven things up in Ga. But believe me we do have fun on here just check it outa little while

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Like some of the guys said its not only Ga You can pick up some good Infro on this site just give it a fair chance:big_smile:

11. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Hey bro this site is great! I agree with what everyone else said. Im from PA and theres not too much action In the PA section but there is tons on the main forums you should stick around youll enjoy it.:lol:

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey hey there! Mr. Dwa-a-ane.......
    Dead site? Well, I don't know much about the Ga. forum to be sure, BUT.......you must be in the wrong place if you think this is DEAD!!! I believe that if you give things a chance (i.e.try to have some patience :big_smile:), you may discover a lot MORE than you bargained for buddy! I know I did :smile2:. Long live the BOC!!!

13. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Thinks for the replies .. Maybe its just Ga. I'll dig alittle deeper and see what I can come up with. lol I did get more responce in the Ga. room than been typed in here in a week or so lol. guess I'm just stirring the pot

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dwayne I see you have only made 18 post. Don't quick judge this site. Take off your shoes and get your feet wet. Stick around and get involved. I'm sure you will change your mind. I notice in your Avaitar that your are a K9 Officer. You have to get to know the dog and the dog has to know you to make agreat team. Same Here. I lookr forward to your questions and comments.:smile2:

15. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Dwayne.... In the interest of fishing and getting something going for you "Peach Folks", I was wondering how the fishing is there now....

When I was there in 1966 things were somewhat different then and what they should be now.....

We were visiting family who had of course a "Peanut Plantation"... I got to take my shot gun out in back and kill a couple of squirrils in the trees of the swamp that was on the property.... and I got out into the swamp in an ole wooden leaky boat.... used a pole to push around, and caught some brim.......

Im sure that things are much different now.... is there a big lake on the river now... or is the town underwater at the bottom of the lake...

Lost my connection to that part of dixie as that was wife #1 and have moved on and beyond that with this latest wife #3... of 27 years...

more of a perminent one I guess....

bayrunner ray