The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
Steven from Georgia
Discussion Starter #41
Tom,
Cant tell if your roughneck has the foam flotation on the side walls or not. I used threaded inserts to mount the drink caddy to the side walls. Lowe also used threaded inserts to mount my console to the floor.

I really like them. Ive mounted several things with them.

Administrator
My Roughneck does not have foam in the sidewalk. There is an aluminum molded cover that is over most of the side ribs but that is all. Here is a good view. You can see the bench in the back. Then the sidewall aluminum cover that ends leaving two or three ribs exposed toward the front. And it came with a gun box also. Other side is the same but no gun box. Kinda bare beans but that is exactly what I wanted.

Here is the best view of how it is situated for fishing now. Lots of wide open space for a couple of fold out chairs. And yes I am practicing fishing in the back yard. haha. I had actually just installed a temporary board across the back to mount some rod holders on and I wanted to see the angle.

Now as far as threaded inserts, nutcerts and such, I have used them. My permanent rod rack is bolts on place using them.

I have a good variety of the nutcerts now but the tool for them that I have is CRAP.

Thanks for the info.

Registered
Steven from Georgia
Discussion Starter #43
When i drilled into the side wall cover. Theres foam behind it. 2013 Model

Administrator
We can sure spend a lot of time getting them the way we want them can't we.

Reactions: SteveMcK

Registered
Steven from Georgia
Discussion Starter #48
Hey chuck,
Tell us about your umbrella setup.

Reactions: SteveMcK

Registered
The umbrella is from the same manufacturer as the seat. I just love it it鈥檚 insulated and has escape vent for hot air to get out of. With the seat post mount I can move it anywhere that has a seat receiver in my boat it breaks down into an easily storable package sets up in a flash. You can鈥檛 sail down the river but it lets down quickly. I have an inverter in my boat I run a box fan blowing on me I can handle the sun snd heat pretty good. It also works well on those rainy days. It鈥檚 never in the way. Get a big fish on just push it out of the way. I have a 8鈥 top for my boat but it鈥檚 a real pain to use and the legs are always in the boat when fishing. The umbrella is the real deal also the seat is really nice. Umbrella and adjustable mount around 150 plus shipping. I like the seat because you butt doesn鈥檛 sweat like in a padded seat or it dries very quick and let鈥檚 air through and is very comfortable anyone who fished lots knows about the ichy ass when you get it damp sitting in the padded seats. No more ichy ass!!!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts