Turkey's in the corn field

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by chambers bd, Feb 27, 2008.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks
    I got some Turkey's hitting the corn field and was wondering where's the best place to hit a turkey with a muzzle loader? Load? Im using a cva wolf 3x9 power belt 270 gn x 3 pellets of 777/150 gn , Its on the money. I have been told to aim at the top of the wing line, any ideas?

2. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would shot it where the wing meets the body. I do not know if I would shot it with such a big bullet. Thats up to you, a lot of damage it will do. why not shot shell?

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    check the regulations for it on your game and parks website. idk what it is for you but all out seasons are closed right now.. be sure ur legal

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If its legal to shoot em with a rifle . the best body shot is the ;wing butt' which is the point the wing and back meet. hit here you will not likely loose any meat.

5. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks,
    Yea I know about hunting season It comes in on the 22 of march 2008. Georgia only has a spring turkey season. I dont know which I shall use, got a good 12 ga, but I was thinking about the MZ.:eek:oooh:
    It may seem crazy but at 100yds it might be interesting to shoot one at the wing line.