Turkey taxidermy

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by bigcatkev, Oct 23, 2009.

1. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Anyone no of a good turkey taxidermist who wont rip the baink account apart but still does nice work. Have found some but 800 is kind of pricy i think. My son killed his first turkey this spring and want to mount it so any info would be nice. thanks!

2. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah turkeys have went up alot. I got into doin turkeys myself last year and its a chore to do it right. Where you located at Kevin? I know of a good one down by Rockport IN. I believe he's around $500, i need to check.

3. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Im in Columbus IN and thanks for the reply

4. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kevin 800 seems like a lot of money. Cost of materials and the amount of labor involved makes it not that great for the guy doing it. Look closely at his work and compare it to the guys doing it cheaper. You will most likely see a big difference. Also if possible look at some of their work that is a few years old to see how they have held up. Different chemicals and processes make a big difference how they look with some age. I had a taxi business back in the early nineties and quit after about 5 years because I couldn't make enough money to make it worth the effort.
    Steve

5. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks Steve but i've already done all the homework on alot of guys who've won state and all kinds of awards plus talked to guys who have used them. I'm not looking for something cheap but time i pay someone 800 pluse 350 for shiping thats to much for me i just need someone local to nock down the shiping part. Thanks for the reply.