Turkey shoot

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by 223reload, Dec 20, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey guys,I've been pondering the idea of a online turkey shoot,I would of course run it by the boss first,But the idea of each of us shooting and submitting a target to be scored by the BOC staff could be fun,just throwing this out to see if there would be much interest among you shooting fanatics.

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    id do it, but how would you keep it fair, and how would we submit a entry fee... what are your thought... i love the idea, just curious about the set up you are talking...

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm thinking no entry fee,Just for braggin rights,I guess we'd have to be on an honor system as to if we really shot the group or not. Just a thought I been playing with.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    I'm down Buddy!!!.What firearm ??? yrd's (Distance) etc....most definetly would do this..sounds fun!!!:cool2:

5. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have got a buddy that does block shoots up north in pa, they shoot at 4x4 butt ends with shot guns. they draw an x from corner to corner, closest to the center wins in a tie, most bb's in/closest to center wins. they go out to 80 yds and they all use the same shot and type of shell. its a big time.

just let me know what the rules and weapon type is and im in...sounds fun...

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Guess I wasnt aware that a turkey shoot to you guys was done with shotguns,Here we shoot for the best group with our deer or varmint rifles
    I was thinking it would be a fun way to clear the air on those of us that really shoot alot and know what our rifles are capable of. Maybe have several caliber breakdowns and one for 22 rimfires too.

7. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have seen and done them like that also. thats why i was un aware of what structure you were looking at. they are both a blast and i would be willing to do ether or.

at my local sporting club we do egg shoots also, we start at 50 yds, then step back to 100, then 150 and so on out to about 400, our range can go out to 1000 but around 400 - 500 the guys are pretty well thinned out. you only get one shot per round and if you miss you are eliminated. in the case that two guys remain and they both miss, then they keep alternating until one hits or they call it a draw. obviously we can't do that on here, but its a fun thing to do at the range.

8. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    sounds like fun!

9. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I bet we would be more honest then the people running this country. Im in.

10. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    your not saying much there

11. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    I figured you were talk'n bout "a real turkey shoot".I'm down with anything ,1 of the BRO that's been replying has some good input.....

12. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I already have my target:canny::canny:

13. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    did we decide to have one, if so where do i sign up??

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Still need to run it by the boss,But it doesn't seem to be a very interested following for this ,So I'm just holding off till after the new year starts up ,and the new format is rolling.

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Getter figured out Load and i'm in with it. I ain't the shot i use to be, but i can still usually get meat.:wink:

16. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Heck, Reload,, I'm blind in one eye, and ,, can't see much out of the other,, but, what the heck..
    Just need some type of target everyone can use.. maybe down load a copy from the site..
    Get it hooked up and, lets, see how it goes!!

17. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Sounds like a great time. We can post the ammo and firearm used.