Turkey season

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by lance, Oct 23, 2009.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck tommorow ! I hope to harvest a fall bird myself even if it gets in the way of putting up treestands ! And BE SAFE ALL !

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Have you a good and safe fall bird season. My youngest son is wanting to kill one to have mounted. Of coarse we will it the meat if he does:wink: If he does it will be his first bird and I will have it mounted for him. Had my oldest first deer mounted for him, been several years ago now

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It was a bust:sad2: ! Hadn't been in there since ice storm and couldn't see more than 30 or 40 yds. in any direction no acorns either . But.....did get my tent blind set up for deer season . beans and corn hasn't been cut across the road yet so I might have a good deer season with cover close to the lil road that cuts the farm between field and woods . Cover was sparse there till now so maybe the deer will stay down off the knob and closer to the food . !

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    hope you all bust a big one, when does it go out, in a couple of weeks right?? ill have to check i haven't looked at the book yet for the fall turkey, def a different animal to hunt compared to the spring....

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Season goes through the 30th and comes back in in Dec. for a few days.

Lance if there is no acorns the corn and grain fields will be their food source this fall. The ice storm made lots of cover where there was none before for deer.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yep ! I got a couple of good set ups now because of the ice storm . It will take a few years for the oak trees to rebound from it . But I do have twice the area as before with good bedding cover of coarse alot of browse and secondary groath has sprouted up .

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Wife just seen 8 or better turkeys walk across the drive 50yds. in front of the house. Said there was at least 3 gobblers with that thing handing from their chest. They seam to be everywhere up here ,but if ya was hunting it would be a different story.