Turkey season in Kansas - It opens tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by onlyone, Apr 11, 2006.

1. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Well I went and bought my tag and a box of shells. I've never tried them before, they're Remington 3" #5. They look like they ought to do the trick. I've got my blind out and corn in front of it and I've seen the turkeys out there every morning at 830 and again around noon. Cant wait to get out there bright and early tomorrow morning! No class tomorrow--thank God. I'll post any pictures I might get. Good luck to everyone else.:cross:

2. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    Best of luck to ya Pete!:)

3. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good Luck Man! Let us know how you do and pics would be great! We have a couple weeks yet here in MO! Best of luck to ya though man!

4. gunny169

gunny169 New Member

State:
    Jacksonville, N
    just asking? is it legal where you are from to bait turkeys? you want pattern your shotgun with shells that you bought so that you know where the most of the pattern is hitting so that you can a clean head shot on your turkey and good luck on your hunt :)

5. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    good luck man, turkey season came in sat. back at home in VA. find ya a box of ol WAMMY SHELLS like the old man had in the dukes of hazzard movie. haha.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good Luck to ya man. Ours doesnt open until Sat., cant wait. This will be the first year I seriously go after them.

7. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Ok I got one. I try to "upload" pictures and it tells me that the file is too big. Whats up with that? Until I get that figured out, one pic is on my avatar. Anyway I got to the blind about 5:45 this morning and they were all roosting directly over it. Wasnt expecting that and I think I scared 5 out of the roost climbing in to the blind. At the first crack of light the owls started and that started the gobblers. I had two decoys out and then about 6:40 they all flew right out in front of my blind and started strutting. I shot the biggest one--18# and 9 1/2 inch beard, and the best part is that I was able to video all of it!

8. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congragulations on a not only a nice Kansas Longbear but on video thats an accomplishment. Sounds like there were several of us that had success this morning. My hunt was over at 6:30 a 20lb bird with an 11 in beard. Just like yours flew down from the roost and strutted right in to the decoys. Going out for my second bird in the morning. Again congrats on your bird.

9. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Good job on your gobbler too. That really gets the blood pumping when they come in like that:) I went back out around 2 and filled my second tag too so it was a pretty good day. Good luck tomorrow!