TURKEY POINT MAP CAMPSITES

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I made a post with the map that Jay came up with last year on the Kansas Mega Gathering thread, he can't manage it right now, PC problems. I got it started with the names at the sites reserved. All I have on there now is my site, 30, and Michael on 22. I know some of you have reserved, would you please go there and let me know the sites again. I just don't remember where they're posted.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I haven't reserved yet...I plan to get site#29 if its still open.

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Here is a link to the RESERVATIONS page for Turkey Point.:smile-big:

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Tom I thought I read that 29 was taken, I thought they said they would trade up with you if you wanted the spot still. we might want to figure out a few spots cause it looks like we might need a lot of meat to smoke, and it might get tricky hauling all the cooked meat from the smoker to the main food site

6. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    That area down around 29 made a good cooks corner, and serving area.

7. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

I was hoping the cooker might be down around site 15. I might be able to steal a couple bites that way.

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    It dont manner really what site I get this yr being I dont think DeadRed is coming with his 5th wheel.

So I will be either camping in a tent or my truck bed....so might try to double up with someone on a site.

But like last yr site #29 seemed like a great place to gather and have our group dinners.

Is it one of us that has #29 or do you know??

Dan just wondering how much meat will your Dad's smoker hold......Do you think we need to bring some smaller ones??

I guess we can haul all the meat in the back of a truck if needed.Or second thought I think about any of those sites at Turkey will work for us.Even one of the sites down by the water would be a good setting in the afternoon.

If I remember the site where Bill-Gary-Michale-Casy was camping were nice big open areas with shade.

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I agree Ray, but I also liked Peg & your site at 6am in the mornings...:glasses-cool:

10. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Tom, you're more than welcome to double up on our site. You'll be closer to the B&G that way.:coffee:

Is Rick not going to be able to make it??

11. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Any of the sites 15-22 would be real nice spots for everyone to sit and talk, eat, ect. The water is real close so fishing would be possible, and some of the sites almost have a little beach so the kids could play in the water.

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Ray thanks for your offer...I will share the cost with you..Or heck for B&G I'll just pay for the site.I'm getting the better deal.

As for Rick I'm not really sure if he's coming...He sold his boat and tryin to sale his 5th wheel.Rosy (wife) just lost her job of 15yrs so he's in limbo rigt now.But if he comes he can camp with me.I'm going to try to talk him into coming.

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The Smoker has 4 rotisseries that are 4ft by I would say 15 to 18 inches. We have had about 17 flats of brisket on it at one time so close to I would say 300lbs of meat. If I recall the average flat is 17 to 15 lbs uncooked. So that should give you an idea of the size of it. Also if you watch BBQ Pit Masters the smoker is very much the same size as the guys use on the show ( the trailor type).

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Then you answered my question Dan I will leave my cracker box smoker at home.

Your bad boy is going to be the talk of the gathering....If we have 150 people how much meat do you think we will need.?

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Anybody find the banner yet?

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Am I one of you? LOL I may be a border jumper but I do speak English!! I have reserved site #29. You all can hang out still around that site area if you want. I will have a pop-up on it and probably one tent. The more the merrier. I can bring at least 3 tables if needed. Will help out on any meat brought and will probably be bringing a couple of cobblers.

17. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    J.C. you are a brother, I did not mean anything about my post other than we need to figure out the details, becasue from the look of things the 100 mark we hit last year is going to be a joke this year and we are going to have to have a few # of meat for the group, and I have transported cooked food before and it get touchy at times. if you do not have the right stuff.

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I know it brother!! I do have a butcher contact. We will get this figured out as we go.

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    JC being its you that took my site I'm ok with that...You now will have to be the one that see's Jim (CatFish Fever) in his shorts in the early morning..:smile1:I'm glad to hear your coming!!

Maybe its about time to get a food thread going...??

20. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Yep,....Food sounds good to me. :Happy: