Turkey livers?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by archer1914, Jun 4, 2007.

1. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Has anybody ever used these I read a few articles on basspro.com and these guys swore by them and in West Virginia they are not easy to find and he said it was a big deal to use them around Kentucky Lake and it is his second bait besides skipjack and I know skipjack are awesome to use

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    David Turkey livers are an excellent bait. Prepare them like chicken liver and use, Nothing beates skipjack on a day to day basis. Good Luck. Try them and gives us some feedback.:lol::big_smile:

3. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    hey thanks i really want to try these but i cant find them can you tell me where to find them like where you get them and address so i can contact them

4. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have looked high and low around this section of FL. and no one can order them from their suppliers. :sad2:
    Walt

5. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Your best bet is to contact your local (small town, preferably) butcher shop. That's where I get mine. Can you catch cats on them? Heck yes. Do they work better than chicken livers? I really can't say, but they're usually larger than chicken livers and you can throw a big wad of them out. I think they run about $2/lb here in MO.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i use turkey hearts and livers out of the ones i shoot. they hold a hook well and work pretty good. i have never seen them for sale anywhere though.