!!! TURKEY LIVER !!!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Catfish-Demon, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Catfish-Demon

Catfish-Demon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi Guy`s, Looks like some of you are atleast alittle bit interested in turkey liver! Here are a few idea`s of how to get your hands on some. Here in Missouri i go to the local HyVee grocery store and look in the frozen food isle, There it is usually found with the frozen meats, If they don`t carry it them ask the butcher at the store to order it in, In most cases they will have no problem ordering it in, especially if there are more than just a single fisherman interested in getting their hands on some, it is packaged in 3/4 to 1 1/4 lb packages and price is very reasonable around $1 a pound here, Another idea would be to contact some one at a turkey farm and ask them to save the liver for you - Personally i think it is great bait but i invite you to be the judge after all it aint going to cost you much to find out and if you find it`s not for you then you know not to buy anymore! Another guy was talking about rabbit liver and i have used it as well, It seems to work ok for me but the heart works better for me, I have also used squirrel guts and liver with the same results as the rabbit, when it comes down to it any animal guts especially chicken and rabbit guts will work to catch catfish. It just depends on what you like to use........ Good fishing! Doug

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Doug,Welcome to the BOC.

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    :0a25:welcome doug BOC is the greatest

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    :0a25:, Doug to the B.O.C., you'll really enjoy it here:wink:. When I used to live in KC. MO., there was a place called "Gaines Poultry". It has been many years now & I can't remember the street but I always got the chicken blood & turkey livers there.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Turkey liver is a great bait, But we get Rooster Livers here in West Tn. Can't beat them off the hook. The Rooster Livers catch fish better than Turkey livers. We have been able to get them for 15 to 20 years here. Tough as leather stays on the hooks.
    I think all they are is older chickens, Just think now days they kill Chickens within 8 weeks. The liver is so tender it can't stay on the hook at all. We used to raise our own chickens, they would be around 4 to 6 months old when killed to eat. There livers were not as tender as the ones you get in stores now.
    Both are hard to beat as bait.
    Pete

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Doug!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Doug.

8. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I live in an area about 40 miles outside St.Louis Mo. We used to have a little store in my area that sold rooster livers but it burned down several years ago. Have not found another place that sells Rooster or Turkey livers..so if any of you guys in the area knows a place I hope you post it.

9. rhuffman

rhuffman New Member

State:
    pa
    I also used rabbit liver on occasion. Never did very well with it' just a few medium cats. Chicken liver still ranks up top 4 me.

10. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the BOC, and I agree with you about that turkey liver.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky