Turkey Hunting

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by spcmitchell28, Apr 16, 2008.

1. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I was just wondering what got you guys hooked on turkey hunting? I know for me it was a couple years back when I went on a early spring squirrel hunt and was lucky enough to see a big gobbler walk right past me gobbling his head off to some hens that were on the next ridge. From then on I knew I wouldnt be happy until I called one in for myself:big_smile:

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    for me is more about the get away from the day to day. now out of all the hunting and fishing I can say I like some and dont care for some. I do love to turkey and deer hunt but dont care for rabbit, squiral, or any featherd bird other than turkey( dove,duck,Ect..).
    I'm like a 8 year old boy when a nice big tom is in full strut gobbin , or a nice 8 point steps out in the open, and I get just as silly when a 20 lbs Blue cat is on the end of my pole.
    I've been thinkin the past few days about how much my son is starting to take to the outdoors and I can say I'm getting to or realy more at the point where I would much prefer to camcord his hunting and fishing than me hut or fish myself.
    what brings me to this point is this past Saterday I got the biggest bird I have ever gottin myself (28 lbs) and dont get me worng I am still showin off my pics lol but onestly I would be injoying that bird so much more if my boy would have gottin it, for it would have been his first bird, and cant no one here say that if you would have gottin a bird of that size at the age of 9, 20 years later (you would still be throughing it up in your dads face lol) but the impression it would still play for him. sorry for my rammbling

but to the question ya just got to love that gobblin sound right at day light.

3. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I hear you, I love just getting away and the solitude i find outdoors. It gives me time to relax and just enjoy myself. I love all kinds of hunting, but turkey hunting is at the top of the list. I love chasing those birds and everytime I hear one gobble thats close by I get shivers down my spine.lol:tounge_out:

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    my cousin got me into turkey hunt'n about 14 yr's ago , the first time i heard the gobble and see that bird come in strutt'n that was it for me i was hooked ...
    now every yr my boys go with me , when we are out there together all i do is call for them , they always ask me "dad you take'n your gun " not today boys lets get your s first i tell them .. theres just some'thn about it too me it's like being a kid all over again . just too see there looks on there faces, all the excitement ,adrenaline going through them, it brings back alot of memmories and i would'nt have it any other way.but when i get older i can't wait for the day were they tell me "dad now you sit here and i'll be right behind ya call'n "
    so be ready .......

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: I know that's gonna happen for ya too :)

6. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well....My dad got me into hunting and fishing of all sorts when I was younger. Now, I have just taken it to the next level. I go every chance I get....I am the same way as all of you folks. I just enjoy being out there, whether I bag the big gobbler , bag the big buck, kill a limit of mallards, or catch a 50 # blue, I am content just being out there watching the world go by. If you do one of the following it is a bonus. Here in a few years hopefully I will have a son and he will enjoy the outdoors as much as I do!

Listening to them gobble and watching them strut is what keeps me going back for more.

7. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I hear you brother. Ive never tried duck hunting before, ill have to put that on my to do list for this year :tounge_out:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got hooked when we could hunt them with rifles during our deer season here. Finally got one and I been hooked ever since. Last spring I got my first spring gobblers and I aint never lookin back. I saw a huge longbeard this morning ,crossed the road in front of me and had to stop to keep from hitting him. I know where he is and I'll be chasing him soon.

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey what use to have me hooked on turkey hunting was, my dad and grandpa would take me alot when I was a kid and would strut in a turkey, and I use to watch dad kill it and it always had me excited. I cant hunt anymore cause of my heart condition but I use to love to turkey hunt.

10. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    HMMMMMMM!!! will ya tell me where this King of spring is :dribble: , i can be there in about 6 , 7 hr's :go: . :wink: