Turkey Hunting

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I was wonderin how many turkey hunters we have here in Kansas. I know of a few spots that I would like to try out near Louisburg, what about Hillsdale lake or by the power plant in La Cygne? I am trying to get permission on a variety of different hunting grounds around the area.

chris

2. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    chris i turkey hunt out by pomona lake. there is a pretty good spot right on the other side of the dam there. i have hunted that area for about eight years now. i know a few people who have hunted out by hillsdale and they did ok, not for sure were they hunted though. if you can try to ask some of the farmers around pomona because there are a lot of birds around there. i think the spot on the other side the dam is public too. i think it is about 105 days till spring season opens, cant wait and good luck.

3. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Do you use shotgun or bow when your hunting for turkeys?

chris

4. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i use a shotgun when i hunt turkeys, i would like to try and bow hunt them but i dont have money to buy one. its a awesome to watch though. i use a remington 870 express super mag.

5. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    the turkey aout by la cynes power plant ive heard are ok but havent been there to see them in person but ive drove thru and seen flokes before but not during season just go to town and ask around bunch of friendly people and lots of info to learn

6. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    sorry i said i ddnt see em but then said i saw em
    ok i didnt see any at the dam but then i saw some at my uncle jims and on his road im sorry

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I live in missouri but hunt kansas every spring. Just a reminder don't forget some of the great turkey hunting that can be found on the walk in program that kansas has.

8. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Crazy
    Thats gotta be expensive living in Mo and hunting in Kansas, I see that on out of state lisence is 70 some odd dollars then you still have to purchase turkey tags, ammo and gas to get there.

chris

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Chris, I love fishing and hunting spend a lot on both each year. I don't mind paying for something I love doing. My hunting fishing combo cost's 112$ in kansas. Then add the 2 turkey tags thats what 40$? or something like that. No big deal. Whats going to hurt is if i get a deer tag in kansas this year. I forget how much it is but for some reason 320$ comes to mind. Oh well though got to pay to play the game.

10. fishoutloud

fishoutloud New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey guys, I'm from around the Topeka area and I have to say both the corp of engineers land around the reseviors in N.E. Kansas and the walk in hunting areas both have more turkeys than you can shoot. I killed one turkey in a walk in last year with a 12 inch beard and he wasn't the largest bird in the field at that time but he was the first one to come into range. On that perticular trip there where 17 turkey in that field at that time. Also if you own a boat you can get to some great hunting spots around the lakes that most people aren't willing to walk to! I grew up in Mo. and been in Ks. now for the last 13 yrs. and I can tell you Mo. doesn't hold a candle to Ks. for turkey or deer hunting1