TURKEY HUNTING ARTICLE

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Luke Clayton, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Howdy to all you turkey hunters! Luke Clayton here. Got you a 'fresh' turkey hunting article here on the BOC now. I'm sure looking forward to getting into the woods and trying to outfox a Gobbler or two, how about you?

2. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Yes Luke I am like can't get enough turkey hunting. The youth hunt starts this Sat. 7 march. Maybe the weather will warm up some. They say it will be 75 here Friday so it sounds good.

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where you from, John? I am fired up about trying to get my first eastern bird from east texas next month. It will be pretty neat, Red River County, where I was raised is the first county that stocked re-introduced them over 20 years ago. The are doing well up there. Will be neat to hunt them near the old home place where I grew up a LONG time ago!

4. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    Well I am really looking forward to Turkey season too! It is by far my favorite animal to pursue. I drove by the farm the other day and saw a group of 85 birds grazing on a hillside. I was wondering if any birds suffered fatalities during the big ice storm a couple weeks ago. Most all of the tree tops fell off the trees. After seeing those birds I feel pretty good that they will be around come the first of April! Good luck to all this season! May your birds gooble often and walk fast!

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tanner, The Tawakoni Catfish tournament was a huge success. Glad to see you coming down this way and promoting our sport. And YES! Turkey season is at hand! I have a lot of 'turkey talk' on the radio show now at www.catfishradio.com. Glad to know you can get away from the tournaments just a little bit to bag a gobbler or two. Those are all eastern birds in KY,right?