Turkey Guts for Catfish Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by JMarrs328, Feb 12, 2006.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Has anyone ever tried using turkey inards. My grand parents made a big turkey dinner today, for no apparent reason lol, and they gave me the liver, heart, neck, etc. to use as catfish bait. I have frequently used chicken liver, so I figure that Turkey liver has to be about the same. Any advice?

2. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Don't see why not. I've used beef, chicken, deer, & elk guts, and anything else I could think of & caught fish. Usually the "riper" the better!

Frank

3. hawkman

hawkman Member

State:
    Hiawatha,Ks
    turkey liver works for me and it stays on the hook better

4. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks for the info. guys! I'll take the turkey w/ me to the river next time!:0a23:

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I used to fish turkey liver over chicken. All laughed untill I caught more fish. I think it is tougher than chicken and the cats seemed to like it. I never added garlic/Anise to it. I will have to try some this spring. Variety may be the thing that keeps your skillet sizzlen.

6. NCBASSIN

NCBASSIN New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have used turkey livers several times . We have a turkey processing plant close by an we buy it by the 10 lb boxes . never caught any trophy fish with the but they do work better than chicken livers to me . have caught striper on it too believe it or not and i dont think it was just a freak thing catching a striper on it because we have caught a few on them ....LOL ...JMO