Turkey Creek Channel Cats

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Stump Bumper, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Got a call yesterday from Capt Kirk, he and his wife drove over from New Port Richey and we got to spend a few hours over at Turkey Creek, fishing off the bridge. Kirk out-fished us by catching three nice channel cats with his secret bait. Once again I learned something new! Thanks Kirk and Sue for visiting and sharing some of your secret's. I'm looking forward to getting an earlier start and going out in the boat next time....Ray

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey ray ,did you catch any and how big were the ones capt.kirk caught? i went out this morning for a couple of hours just to get out of the house.it wasn't the best of time to be out there (real windy) and wrong time of day....oh well at least i got out...didn't even get a bite,guess thats why it's called fishing and not catching...lol...john

3. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

HEY RAY
    We really enjoyed meeting you and our outing to turkey creek saturday,im
    looking foward to next monday early a.m. I will be starting a new batch of
    bait tommorow,I hope it works again,and RAY you are a true fishing friend,
    you did not tell what the top secret bait is.I call it ROD WRECKER,and i am
    not responsable for BROKEN TACKLE, when we talk about it we can just call
    it PURPLE STUFF that should keep some of our brothers :confused: for a while,being good guys like we are, should we share the formula at a latter
    date,or keep it to our self so it dont come back to haunt us? :eek:
    see you next monday,have a good week.
    KIRK

4. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

John, the three channel cats Kirk caught were one and two pounders, would have fried up real nice but he decided to release them to fight another day. Sue and I both caught a couple of small sunshine bass (seemed they liked Kirk's secret bait also). Did you go to Dover this morning? I took Tyler and his cousin A.J. over to Dover for a while also. We fished over by the stand set-up for model boat racing but didn't stay long. A.J.'s rod got yanked out of the rod holder and into the water, I had to wade out and get it, but the fish was long gone....Ray

5. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey ray, i didn't go dover this morning i ended up going to medard park but got skunked....that's crazy on having the rod pulled out of the holder how deep did get there? now you know there is no swimming signs all over that place...lol..at least you got the rod back....john

6. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

RAY
    i did forget to mention 2 more benifits in using thePURPLE STUFF,every time
    you bait up and wipe off your hands it will get on the back of your hands
    preventing chapped hands.the other nice thing it cleans off easy and you
    wont get throwed out of the house for smelling like some of the NASTY
    STUFF. :D
    KIRK

7. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Kirk, I went to Walmart yesterday and got some more dip bait and I looked around for the other stuff but didn't see it this time? Guess I'll try Southeast Liquidators next and see if they carry it....Ray

8. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

HEY RAY
    went shopping my self :eek: all suppliers were out,i did order a case due
    to them telling me they only sell about 4 units a year,it wont be here for
    our fishing day,but it wont be a problem as i have a compareable back up,
    brewing as we speak,in fact i am also brewing and older proven back up
    bait,i got the ingredients from and indian just before he died.
    KIRK :D

9. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

HEY RAY
    i for got to tell you we are going north for thanks giving,and will be bringing
    my boat back home :D also do you think there are enough people around
    us to have a 8 hour tournament?it might be fun and meet some more folks.
    just like indiana, the law here is probably not legal to take in or pay out
    on state ground,it could be done like we used to do up there,take entrys on
    the out side weigh in at the ramp area,pay off outside the state ground.
    just a thought that ran thru whats left of my old memory bank.
    KIRK

10. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Kirk, I'm not sure if we could generate enough interest. Alot of guys that I work with talk about how they love to catfish but when it comes time to fish they usually find something else going on. I only know of one other guy that would enter for sure from around here. We could always try a bank fishing tournament at some place like Dover Park, then draw from a hat for 2 assigned fishing spots per team? Make it a $10.00 entry fee per person with a 100% payback for big fish. Just a thought....Ray

11. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

HEY RAY
    i know of 4 from up this way,we could do it the way you are thinking or
    have boat or bank at 1 of the parks.100% back is the only way to go
    pay back places according to how many entrys,and have a big cat pot
    on the side.we can talk more about this when i come fishing monday,i had in mind some time in feburary,after all the holidays are behind us.
    KIRK :cool:

12. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

February will give John, you and me a chance to kick around a few idea's....Ray

13. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    anyone give the by pass canal a thought,back when i worked for sims crane we had a private b@$$ tournament on it and it does have some good sized channells and bullheads in italso it a boat now and plenty of access around the whole thing for bank fishing the boats can't have more than a 10 horse motor...just a thought...john

14. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    oh yeah i more than likely can get a few guys to get in on the event or is this gonna be boc members only??? either way i'm in.....

15. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

JOHN
    that sounds like a place to consider holding it at,as far as im concerned
    it should be open to all,might gain some new members. :D
    KIRK
    CAPT.HARBORVIEW NAVY

16. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

HEY RAY
    HARBOR VIEW FISHING REPORT TODAY
    sue and i went to the fresh water pond behind our club house today
    took 3 peices of what i have brewing.2 nice channel cats 1 crappie on it
    suprised me about the crappie,also changed to crawlers and got 1 nice bass
    and 11 nice red ear 9 to 11 inch.i call that a pretty fair day. :)
    KIRK
    CAPT.HARBOR VIEW NAVY

17. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey capt. i'm starting to get a little jealous from reading all this stuff about a secret bait that you got brewing,, and it catches channells and specks also?????lol...john

18. wewasr

wewasr New Member

John
    We will have to keep thinking about it until!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Don

19. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Donnie, it's not my place to give away another fisherman's secret's, however I can say that it's a simple formula that you may have already used or have heard of. If you haven't heard of it before you'll do like I did and say "WOW" I could have had a V-8! Maybe Kirk will PM you and John with the detail's?....Ray

20. wewasr

wewasr New Member

Ray
    I think everyone should have a bait of their own. You know my better half come up with some strange things, some work and some don't. ;) And some of the things that work I don't want to share because most fishermen would not believe me. I think they think I am BSing them And I just cannot understand why they would think I might do something like that. :rolleyes:

Don