Turkey Breast Recipes?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by KittenFishin, Apr 7, 2006.

1. KittenFishin

KittenFishin New Member

State:
    Clemson, South Carolina
    What are some good ways to cook the turkey breasts? Any good recipes out there? I usually just bread them and fry them like nuggets, but I'd like to try them other ways. Any ideas?

2. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Laurie

Glad that you could join us on the BOC! I usually smoke mine with hickory or oak wood. TSS is a sponsor for the BOC and they offer excellent products. If there is any BBQ questions please feel free to ask, I have about 7 years of experiance with it.

chris

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Smoking with hickory is one of my favorites.

You can deep fry it as you would a whole turkey.

You can roast it or bake it as you would a whole turkey. Keep it covered so it won't be too dry though.

You can slice it into cutlets and saute it or fry it.

You can cut it into strips and cook in stir fry.

Another way I like it once in awhile is to put it in a covered roaster or crock pot and cover with a mix of cream of chicken/cream of mushroom/cream of celery soup. Add some onions and garlic and slow cook until its done. Then slice and serve the meat and "gravy" over a bed of egg noodles.

4. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    CROCKPOT TURKEY BREAST

turkey breast
    1 packet of onion soup mix
    1 can of cranberry sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Sprinkle salt and pepper (to taste) and the packet of onion soup mix on the top and bottom of turkey breast.
    Add cranberry sauce to top of turkey breast and cook in crockpot on low overnight (8 hours) or for three to four hours on high.

5. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    FRESH TURKEY BREAST WITH FRUITED WILD
    RICE

1 pkg. Louis Rich fresh turkey breast (3 lbs.)
    1 box long grain and wild rice mix
    1 tbsp. apple jelly
    1 c. diced dried fruit mix

Combine 1 cup water and herb seasoning packet (from rice mix) in a 9 inch square pan. Add turkey, bake in 325 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours for turkey breast (1 hour for turkey portion). Spread turkey with apple jelly. Stir in 2 cups hot water, rice and fruit mix into pan.
    Bake 30 minutes more until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees. Let turkey stand 10 minutes before slicing. Stir rice mixture. Serves 6.

6. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    MARINATED TURKEY BREAST

1/3 c. soy sauce
    1/4 c. honey
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 lb. boneless turkey breast, skinned

Combine first 3 ingredients in a 2 cup glass measure. Microwave on high, uncover 1 minute. Stir well. Pour marinade over turkey breast in a zip lock heavy duty plastic bag and seal bag tightly. Place bag in shallow pan and refrigerate overnight. Turn occasionally. Remove turkey breast from refrigerator. Put turkey in a glass baking dish and cook covered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 175 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with pan juices if desired. Yields 8 to 10 servings.

7. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    SAVORY TURKEY BREAST

1 turkey breast, half
    1 c. sliced mushrooms
    1/2 c. chopped celery
    1/2 c. chopped green pepper
    1/8 tsp. marjoram
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/2 tsp. summer savory
    1/8 c. chopped parsley
    1 c. rice
    2 c. water
    1 tbsp. chicken bouillon
    1/8 c. chopped onion

Saute mushrooms, celery, green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon oil. Add spices, parsley and remaining ingredients.
    Mix together and place in bottom of covered baking dish. Top with turkey breast half (lightly salted if desired). Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours or until tender.

8. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    TURKEY BREAST PARMIGIANA

1 1/2 lb. turkey cutlets or 2 lb. turkey breast
    3 tbsp. lemon juice
    1/3 c. oil
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. white pepper
    1/2 c. flour
    1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
    4-6 tbsp. butter or oil
    1/2 tsp. oregano
    1/8 tsp. onion powder
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder

If using turkey breast, bone and skin it and cut across grain into 1/2 inch thick slices. Pound turkey into 1/4 inch thickness. Beat or shake together the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper and marinate pounded turkey 30-60 minutes.
    Combine flour, cheese, oregano, garlic and onion powder and coat turkey pieces generously. Heat butter and saute turkey 5 minutes each side, adding more butter if needed. Serve immediately.

9. KittenFishin

KittenFishin New Member

State:
    Clemson, South Carolina
    Wow!! Thanks for all the great ideas! I'll give some a try