Tunica MS

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by kfloyd, Jan 24, 2008.

1. kfloyd

kfloyd New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Anybody fish in tunica cutoff for big blues?

2. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    there are quite a few members that fish outa mhoon landing .... i've never heard anyone say anything about fishing the cut off for blues .....

3. kfloyd

kfloyd New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Thanks coach . The ramp is better at the cutoff but $$$ and mhoon is free.

4. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    kenny, there are a bunch of us that meet and camp at mhoon at least twice a yr ..... follow the ms thread and when we do it again , come join in ......

5. jdoyle

jdoyle New Member

State:
    AR
    I have put in on the Arkansas side at Battle ax (spelling not correct) and fished the run out. We caught catfish, but all small. We did have luck catching white bass in the run out though.

6. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    josh , is that the ramp u get to by crossing huxtable pumping station ????

7. jdoyle

jdoyle New Member

State:
    AR
    Coach, Yes I think that's it. I usually take hwy 79 like you are going to Marianna. Before you get to Marianna I go left on the St. Francis river levy. It is straight across from Tunica Cut Off and Hardin Point hunting club.

8. 6106b

6106b New Member

State:
    texas
    I was reading John Rusky's river gator on that area last night.The article states the Memphis guage needs to be at 14 to enter the Lake from the river or vice versa but he is in a kayak and he says be very careful.I thought it would be great idea to launch in the Lake and enter the river via the lake but after reading what John Rusky had to say I marked that idea off of my list.