tunica in july

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by coach, Jun 6, 2009.

1. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i heard thru the grapevine that a tunica trip has been planned ...... july 24 ,25 ,26 ..................... everyone is invited .....................

2. bcheney

bcheney New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Is this a bank fishing festival, or will there be boats involved?

3. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    mostly boats , but there is bank fishing available .................

4. bcheney

bcheney New Member

State:
    mississippi
    The reason I ask is because I do not have one. If there is room on someone's boat I'll be there. Nothing I've wanted to do more than fish the big muddy!

Bruce

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    maybe when folks start posting on his thread , we can find u a ride..... i may have room for one more ........ not positive just yet ............i do believe there will be rides available tho ......................

6. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I plan to come as well Coach. And will be more than happy buy gas, pull anchors and bait hooks!:wink:

7. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I will see yall there, im gonna try to get there a day or two early

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Not sure if I will make it yet, if I show up Im there. Try my best though. Will the river be down normal by then Coach?

9. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    it should be down pretty good by then .......... long as we don't have any crazy weather , it will be down...........

10. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I plan on coming down about the 20th.

11. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    dang, what a crew. wish i could come but if i go the week of the 4th of july then it'll probably be sometime in late sept or oct before i can go again.

12. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Man it has been awhile! It was great talking to Reb and Coach the other day. I was finally able to get my password reset and get logged onto the new site. I was on the old site and gave myself the 2009 catfisherman of the year award. It was a great honor. Coach, I plan on being there in July. I go to Alaska on 14th and return on 21st. I will be off for the next week after I return and can't think of anything better than getting around you and that group I am familiar with in MS. I have certainly missed jawin with all you guys and am very happy to be back. Mac it is good to see your picture and see you are still active. Hope you can go.

By the way Coach, that fish in your picture still looks huge!

13. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    alriight brian , good u making the trip ......... cp needs to know u are coming so he can put a lock and chain on some of his supplies !!!!!:smile2: see u there ole buddy !!!!

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ok coach put cass and i down for friday.we will be bringing the toon.

15. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    glad to have ya'll pits .................... maybe u will get a big one this trip !!!:crazy:

16. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well Steve

I dont see any reason why I cant make it, not real sure about my boat (((LMAO))):big_smile:

I guess I will be there, I just hope the River ant ""Rollin""":crazy:

cliff

17. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey,

What kind of Rigs do you use there and how much weight??? how do you guys rig up ?? I doubt if I have any thing big enough for the MS.

cliff

18. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    When anchoring/tightling we usually fish currents that require 8-20 oz. to hold bottom. Most folks use Med/hvy to hvy action rods, strong bait casting reels spooled with 80 lb Braid and 60-80 lb mono leaders, differents variations of a 3-way rig w 8-10/0 hooks baited with skipjack.

19. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well Patrick

I was right ((LOL)) I should be alright on everything except the weights, 8oz. is the biggest that I have, we just dont fish that kind of current, around here, should be fun, looking forward to the new experence. I guess ((LOL)):roll_eyes:

cliff

20. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    I can't make it guys... Sorry, but work wins again.

Buckethead, you can always put 2 x 8 oz weights on a rig if you need to... I do it from time to time. Lots of places at Tunica will require 12 to 16 oz, IMO. Some might require more, and a few might work with less...

I hope y'all catch some bigguns!