Tunes on the water

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DANZIG, May 15, 2007.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I am carrying this over from another (mostly unrelated) thread.

While I most often appreciate peace and quiet while I am out, I have also enjoyed listening to late night radio.

Now, I like Rock and Roll of many sorts but when I am out late at night, maybe with a good fire crackling behind me, maybe a fog, and maybe a Moon, and the hissing of the Coleman, I have really enjoyed radio shows like "Country Saturday Night" (mostly older stuff) or "Music from the Mountains" or "Hearts of Space" (is that still on?) Some Celtic, and every little bit I get some Trucker music show from out in the Midwest on the AM. I have even jammed to Classical on occasion.

I think that is hard to beat for adding to the "experience".
    Spice on the Steak so to speak.

And add to that, a good fishing buddy, a couple of fish, a frosty beverage, a good smoke of your choice, a comfy chair, and you have a memory (IMO) well worth all the trouble and expense.
    Pooty on the world and all it's problems, I am out fishing!

Professional Psychiatry is over-rated.

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I don't listen to much radio, but Sunday night on NPR is the exception...4 hours of blues, folk, and bluegrass.

There's an excellent show from your state, Mountain Stage, that I don't get anymore.

Good fishin' tunes!:smile2:

3. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Have you tried "Prairie Home Companion" on Saturday nights........on NPR.......great storytelling and music.

Mik:smile2:

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Gotta love Mountain Stage! You should have seen it in person when they played from that funky old movie theater! I have not been up since the changed venues but I need too. I get a kick outta hearing a taped show that I have been to.

Hard to beat PHC too! We get MS live and PHC taped, back to back, on Sundays round here.

5. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I love Garrison Keeler I've got a CD set of jsut "News from Lake Wobegone" that I listen to when I'm traveling an d talk radio won't come in.