Tulsa- Who carries Danny King in T-Town?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by rwbrown1, Jan 12, 2006.

1. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    First of all, Greetings to all of the BOC crowd! I don't post questions much, even though I learn huge amounts from everyone on this forum. My question is, "who in the Tulsa area carries Danny King's punch bait?" I have heard so much about it and I usually like to try and help small buisness as much as possible. I have hit a few of the "usual suspects", Wally World, Academy, BassPro, etc. with no luck. Who carries it around here?

Thanks..
    Bob (gearing up for some serious Big Cats as well as dinner fare)

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Welcome to the BOC there Bob. The only place I know for sure that you can buy Danny's King's is a NABATAK in Claremore. I've never seen it sold in the big chain's but most local bait shops carry it. I think Woody's Bait and Tackle out by Keystone also carries it. Okiefish in Broken Arrow, Backlash in Tulsa may also carry it also, not for sure. Look up their numbers in the phone book and give them a call before you go.

Good Luck

3. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    There is going to be a bait and tackle show in Feb. in OKC at the fairgrounds. Danny will be there selling his bait. I don't know where to get it in Tulsa.
    David Frantz

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Wait for the show to come to town. Danny might have it on sale there. He did at the Texas fishing / Hunting Show. Very good prices !:thumbsup:

5. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Check your local Wally World it's on the shelf at ours here in Ponca city.
    Loop

6. willisjj

willisjj Guest

We have it here in McAlester at the Wal-Mart also. I was very happy when I moved here and found it on the shelf there. In Arizona I would have had to order it through the mail and so I never had the chance to try it out.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    rwbrown1

WELCOME to the BOC!

8. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks for all the ideas. I will probably call some of the places mentioned and see what I can come up with. I'll also try and make it to any local hunting, fishing and boating shows.

See some of you guys at Keystone, in June, for sure....

Bob..

9. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    The Sand Springs Walmart also carries Danny King's Punch bait BUT don't let that deter you from attending the boat show and meeting Danny King and Larry S at the booth.

10. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    I will try and attend the boat show if possible. Refresh my memory, isn't it at the end of Jan. beginning of Feb? (Thanks for the info.!)

Later..
    Bob..

11. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    welcome to the BOC rw,ya might try his website and ask him.I know he will personally get back to ya with the info.

12. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    rwbrown1,
    Welcome to the BOC, I won and just received some Danny King Punchbait,
    2 kinds: regular and bloodbait. Be sure to check out the contest section of the website. I have also signed up for a fishing trip on the Potomac River.
    Pretty cool to have stinkbait delivered to your door! Maybe I will get to use
    it on the fishing trip (thinking positive!!). I would bet the BA Bass Pro
    would carry Danny King-check out the website to make sure.
    Rivrbunny

13. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I have seen danny's punch bait in every wal-mart around grand lake. I have used it and caught up too 3lb. channels on it. I found that it worked best for me in the spring before the spawn.

14. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    rw: Yes the boat show is from Jan 30 to 5 Feb this year.

Did you find any Danny Kings Punch bait yet?

15. rwbrown1

rwbrown1 New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    I'll probably pick some up at the boat show unless I happen to find some at WalMart (probably just happened to be out when I was looking). I can always fish with livers, shrimp, or anyhing I might catch with the small rods. Too many things going on right now to get out much on weekends. Gotta try out my Christmas presents - Shimano 4500 and Cabelas 10 ft. King Kat rod.

Thanks again! :D

Bob...

16. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Just spent the last 3 days with Danny at the Ft. Smith tackle show sellin bait......He will be there for the boat and tackle show...This weekend it is in amarillo TX. If ya wait for the show it will be a lot cheaper...We had gallons for 22 bucks.....:) :)