Tulsa Boat Show?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Silvercreek, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Silvercreek

Silvercreek New Member

State:
    Kansas, Marion Reservoir
    Have been to the Kansas City, and Wichita boat shows. Have never been to the Tulsa one. Does anyone remember how many jon-mud-type boats were there? Usually only rivet type ones and not the welded ones that I have seen in the past. Just wondered what your thoughts were. Thanks in advance. Was looking for a tough catfishing/hunting type of boat. One that you won't mind getting a nick on. LOL
    P.S. Have seen all the mud motor boats on their web sites. Know about them, just haven't seen one in person. Their companies don't seem to want to come this far North!:sad2:

2. okiefishkiller

okiefishkiller New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i bot a 1860 g-3 there afew years ago from paradise cove on gibson. its a very good boat for just about any thing i do. it just happens to be cammo too. its been wet at least twice a week since i got it. got the 90 four stroke on it. i would buy a upgraded seat tho.

3. Silvercreek

Silvercreek New Member

State:
    Kansas, Marion Reservoir
    Thanks Jeff. Is the Tulsa Boat show worth going to??

4. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I've always enjoyed the boat show.. My biggest complaint about it is the prices at the consessions. I also wish they had more fishing gear there, but there is still somewhat a pretty good selection.

5. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    I think the tulsa boat show is great I go whether or not I have the money buy stuff or not. So many different things to see learn whats new and just talk fish mainly its nice there are alot of venders from four wheelers to jigs it just has bout everthing

6. Mudbug007

Mudbug007 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like the Tulsa Boat Show also. But honestly, it's not near as good as it was back in the 80's and early 90's. Lots more fishing stuff back then.

Now days, it seems mostly high end luxury/recreation boat dealers and accessories. But I still enjoy it.

Silvercreek, I think Larry Smith Marine is usually at the show. They handle SeaArks. You might check to see if they're there when you go.

Don

7. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

You bet! It's great to go and look over all the goods.... Sure makes the dreams kick in..... I usually get tossed out for excessive drooling over some of the boats