Tug river

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by FIXXER, May 24, 2007.

1. FIXXER

FIXXER New Member

State:
    ky
    anyone here fish the tug river and what location

2. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    i've never fished it but we used to do alot of work around Majestic. It had some good looking spots in that area. One of the guys I worked with said he did pretty good fishing for flatheads.

3. FIXXER

FIXXER New Member

State:
    ky
    never caught any flatheads rp but caught alot of channels and a few nice bass from tug i mostly up and down 292 and burnwell my buddy use to trotline tug and caught alot of nice flatheads

4. KYMatt

KYMatt New Member

Went fishing with a couple friends the other day, about 1 mile from Burnwell and we caught 4 all together, 3 flathead and 1 channel...the biggest flathead was 38 inches and about 12lbs.

5. FIXXER

FIXXER New Member

State:
    ky
    matt what bait were u useing were going to have to get togeather and go fishing sometime last few times i went had no luck

6. KYMatt

KYMatt New Member

sounds like a plan keith.... We were using minnows and blue gill

7. FIXXER

FIXXER New Member

State:
    ky
    hey matt where u located im up in the stone area

8. KYMatt

KYMatt New Member

I live at Forest Hills. I usually fish Burnwell.

9. FIXXER

FIXXER New Member

State:
    ky
    i fished down from burnwell beach last week with no luck may try again this week

10. KYMatt

KYMatt New Member

We went and caught some minnows, and had caught a little shellcracker, we used it and caught a bass. The Catfish werent biting the minnows, but they were hitting real good on nightcrawlers, we caught 13 in all, only 1 mudcat, rest were channel cats. The biggest was a Channel Cat about 16 inches.

11. FIXXER

FIXXER New Member

State:
    ky
    ive been useing cured chicken liver with no luck gonna have to try nitecrawlers let u know how it gos