Tuff won't be making any more gatherings

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Jul 24, 2007.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I am very sad to inform my BOC family that TUFF will not be able to make it to any more gatherings. He was taken to the Vets this moring due to being very lethargic and having diarea with blood in it. The diagnosis was an extremely severe case of Parvo, and the Vet said that he wouldn't make it much longer. To ease his suffering, he was euphanized this morning. :cry:

2. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    awww, Tony

I never saw Tuff. But I have lost a pup to Parvo and I feel for you. Best wishes hun. Just know that he aint suffering anymore and it was the best decision.

Bless your heart *hugs*

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Tony, sorry to hear about your dog. You did the most humane decision though.

Jaime

4. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Tony, our thoughts are with you, Vanessa and the kids. It is truly heartbreaking to loose a pet thats been such a big part of the family. Hugs to you all.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear. You did the best for him!!

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Sorry to hear about tuff, it's rough to loose a part of the family.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How my heart aches for you!! I am soooooooooooo sorry!!! Just try to keep Tuff in your heart and know that he loved you dearly.I'm sure he hated to leave you and your family.At least he is no longer so very ill!!:cry::cry:

8. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    It hurts brother.... been there myself. I hope that in time all your sadness will be filled with only fond memories of Tuff.

Tony

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony sorry to hear of your loss, Tuff. I know you will miss him. Thoughts.:smile2:

10. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Losing a good dog can really be tough. I feel your pain, amigo.

Folks who have never had a good dog won't understand. There's dogs, then there's good dogs. A good dog is much more than a pet. I lost a chocolate lab in March of '06 that had been with me for 9 years. He was a really, really good dog.

11. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tuff was born Feb 20th of this year. He had kind of become our gathering mascott as he went to both Degray and Keystone this year.

12. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Sorry about Tuff.

Can you post a picture?

13. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I don't have any here at work, I'll try and post one after I get home.

or get someone from one of the gatherings to post a PIC of him.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh my Gosh,He was just a Baby!! That's Horrible and strikes even closer to my heart. My Thaddeus wasn't quite two when he left. Now my heart is very heavy for you. I'll not be needing any pictures thank you cause I promise I will bawl like a little kid if I see him!! Sorry but I am a HUGE dog lover and their deaths affect me prolly as badly as a human's. I reckon some folk won't understand that but it's how I am and I can't help it! You really have my symathies BIG TIME!!:cry::cry::sad2:

15. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Farrar;
    Tony, I share your loss. ... I have always been much closer to the Canines in my life than most humans for a simple reason. When a Canine loves you it's an unconditional love!
    Know this; "ALL Dogs Go To Heaven" Whatever your ideal of "Heaven" is, your friend Tuff is now there and it's even better than you can imagine!
    With your help, Tuff left a tired, sick body behind but his Spirit is Immortal! These things I truly believe!
    It's never easy to make the decision you had to face this morning! But KNOW that you did the right thing!
    Raven; My Wife, and I have lit a candle and said a Prayer for Tuff, YOU, and Your Family.
    Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help. Send me a PM if you wish too as anything you say will be kept private if that is your wish.
    Until then, "May The Joy Of Your Memories Of Tuff Be Greater Than The Sorrow In Your Heart"
    Yours Most Sincerely,
    Coyote1 & Raven

16. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tuff was the runt of the litter. He got the name Tuff because we had to feed him 1/2 an eye dropper at a time to start off with because he wouldn't nurse. We said from the get go, that if he made it through that, then he'd be Tuff-enough. He did make it through the feedings and we kept him because we had gotten up every hour or so through the night to feed him. My kids would open the door to let him in and he would run straight to my chair and jump in my lap, or up in the chair to wait for me. He loved just laying on my lap dozing.

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I lost my best friend about two years ago... buried her in my back yard and poured a cement vault over the top of her grave to I'll never walk on it by accident. That's the most respect I can give her now... and it's still not easy to think of her.

18. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Oh Tony and Venessa, Sorry to hear about Tuff. He was a cute pup. The kids are heart broken here. I called Shannon and told her, She said to tell y'all that she is sorry to hear about tuff. To all the ones that have not seen what tuff looks like here is some photos taken at the Arkansas Gathering.

Attached Files:

19. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Sorry for your loss.

20. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Tony sorry to hear about Tuff, i know how it feels to loose a pet thats become part of your family!!