Tuff Line XP any1 ever use it?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Cattracker16, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

Wilton Iowa
    I bought some tuf line off ebay.. it's braided line 20 with the dia of 4 mono.. i just wondering if any1 had used it b4 and had some good or bad thoughts about the line. i guess it's made by western filament? package says tension lock tecknology? what the heck is that? it's yellow in color, so far it seems to be easier to put on a spinning reel than fireline. i just never heard of this line but am willing to try anything once. any thoughts on how it will hang in there? Thanks kenny
  2. howardstern

howardstern New Member

Gee, no one uses this? no post?

I have 65 LB that has 14LB mono thickness, I really like it.
    The only bad thing I find is that if the eyes on your rod are
    stainless it will put a gouge in it. Like I just found out it did to mine.
    I am going to guess if you have those rod tips with some type of
    ceramic insert, you should be ok.. but over all I like it.

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

O.P., KS
    I had some 100lb Tuf Line XP on this spring, it seemed really tough. It seems to have just a little bit of stretch or spring compared to Powerpro that made it a lot harder to break off in a snag. Through no fault of the line, a lost about half a spool my 2nd time out with it, and I eventually respooled with something else. My limited experience with it was good, but I didn't get to see how it held up over time. I'll give it another chance one of these days.
  4. KingCat

KingCat New Member

Olathe Kansas
    I use 65lb XP. I haven't noticed any stretch and I've straightened a snagged #4 Eagle Claw circle hook with it.
    I won't use anything else.