Tuff Guard

Discussion in 'Boating' started by MoMudCat, Mar 5, 2007.

1. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Tuff Guard or Tuff Coat or something like that. Anybody ever use this stuff or a similar product? I am wanting to do the decks of my boat and was wondering if anyone had ever used it.

thanks.

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    cabelas sells tufcoat in od green and tan for duck hunters they sell it in quarts and gallons

3. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yes... about to use it for the second time. My current pontoon boat has a full aluminum deck so getting the glue off was a pain of sorts. Belt sander did most of the work.

www.ultratuff.net

Contact them if you have questions... great support for any type of application.

This stuff is just great. easy to apply. non-slip... not rough on the knees.

Going to put a wash down pump on this boat so I can just hose it off before I load and let the drive home dry it.

I'll never use carpet again!

4. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I have never herd of it. Maybe I should look into it. Does it work pretty good.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The coverage from a gallon of tuffcoat is atrocious. What I read was 50 square feet.

6. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It really depends on the persons use.... I was told to use light coats... allow one hour between coats and build it up to the thickness desired. 50sq ft is a real ROUGH estimate. My pontoon boat project I'm using 4 gallons which is about 130 sq ft. Should be laying it down this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm planning on a gallon and a half of the eco safe with rubber additive for my pontoon at 77.00 dollars a gallon.